zDH build (1 Viewer)

Nagrom

Banned
May 9, 2016
Right, I understand that support toons DPS isn't priority with the way things are currently, my reasoning on trying to up the DPS while still maintaining the high toughness level is to attempt to make other classes relevant to the 4-mans. The game will get seriously old if every Season it is the same 4-man meta without any room for adjustments or acceptance of other classes.

If a slight adjustment can be made that gives the zDH some added DPS to help offset some of the damage then perhaps it could be relevant as a support toon.

I can't think that anyone truly wants to see the 4 man meta stay with WD, zBarb, zMonk, Gen Monk and that be that for the next few seasons. From what I understand that's how its been for the last couple seasons and if it stays the same then Season 9 will make at least 3-4 back to back seasons without any real changes to the game. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm the only one who'd like to see some variety for the high end GR's. I'd like to see Blizzard open things up a bit and allow for all the classes to have at least one legit build for running GR's 100+ in 4-mans.
I think balance is always something blizzard works at obtaining. This current meta is just the same from last season and was a bit of an oddity because of the lack of a patch. Currently they have brought in new possibilities for the 4 man meta with a 3 support 1 dps setup (Zwiz, Zmonk, Zbarb and WDdps) and I've seen some genmonk, zmonk, WDdps and zsader setups. I personally would love to see a DH in the meta because it's my favorite class but realistically when looking at group makeup you have dps and support. Running around with all that toughness and doing sub-par damage helps no one. It takes away from your key roll in the group of scouting, buffing, debuffing and grouping mobs. Who knows with the power that the LON WD is getting maybe this build becomes viable again in a three support build.

Stann

Aug 8, 2016
I'd give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stann

Aug 8, 2016
Seems like a fun time

Sigem

Non-member
Apr 12, 2016
The problem isn`t the ZDH. In season 7 the ZDH was often part of very high META groups and did reasonnably well, sometimes as good as the Zbarb, nothing in the DH was changed for season 8 and yet, they don`t make groups with them anymore. Why ? All the elitist jerks only look at the top 3 or 4 groups on the ladder and they decide that is the way to go, and if you`re not part of that elite setup, you`re in the dump.
ZDH could very easily do GR100 in the zbarb spot, but you won`t find a pug to do 80s with them.

I`ve been laughed at and ridiculed in level 80 pugs for using a WW build on my zbarb just cuz the top 5 groups on the ladder use the raekor build, it`s pretty dumb considering i did GR90 at 650 paragon and i could do 100 with my eyes closed and a hand behind my back. Hell, i could tweak a couple things on my leaping MotE zbarb and i could easily play a dps role in a 4 man in 80s and probably up to 90s to replace a WD, but there is no chance in hell i could get a pug group that would take me.

A ton of good builds like the zdh, the zwiz and the healing sader are underplayed just cuz of the elitist jerk pug mentality.

KailJoric

Clan Member
Nov 21, 2016
Clan Rank
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
So "EFF" those guys and lets run our own meta with what we want. I'm all for extracting as much data and useful information to perform at a high level as possible, but I've always been "anti-establishment" and I love to thumb my nose at status-quo.

If there is a different 4 man meta that we feel we could push leaderboards with and actually play for fun, I'm all for it. I'd love to play a support DH or a DPS Barb... Hell, depending on how it plays I might even think about a Heal Sader???

ROBILAR

Clan Member
May 12, 2016
Kelowna,BC
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
the issue with trying to change anything in that build is the loss of any of the dam reduction or slowing and damage increased effects, increasing the dps of the main damage toon will always be greater then giving the support a slight buff. 20% on a FB WD doing 100s of billions of damage is too good to give the DH a chance at millions of damage for example. I see this as being something fun to try but in the long run I do not think (with out testing a fair bit) the DH can replace the ZBard in utility enough. Ignore pain,warcry and the ability to drag mobs is their strong points for support.

I am done for testing with the FB WD have bith toothe and spider bats gear, not the best but can do the job

Projekkt

Clan Member
Nov 1, 2014
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I think with the density changes, DPS wizard may be part of the S9 meta, so its very possible that either supp DH will come back or supp wiz will be a norm again. Pretty sure Supp Wiz has higher damage amp ,but who knows man. Give it a shot. I don't think firebats is gonna get nerfed at all (at least enough for people to stop playing it) so its very possible the meta won't change.

vNitroh

Non-Member
Nov 28, 2016
Did this ever work out? I've never seen anyone actually play it.

Stann

Aug 8, 2016
I checked the leaderboards a group ran a 104 withit

Nagrom

Banned
May 9, 2016
Did this ever work out? I've never seen anyone actually play it.
I did a few seasons ago. It's still viable but only if you find people that are willing to let you try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)