zDH build (1 Viewer)

Sendain

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Stann came across a zDH build that I would like to test out for S9.

Although it is from S7 I am curious as the video shows a GR100 successful run with 2 monks and 1 WD. The DH is the puller.

I have the gear, albeit some isn't quite right but atm toughness is maxxing out at ~450M.

If you are interested in this test let me know. I'll be around.

Shadow_Demon

Clan Member
Nov 9, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
zDH?! Im interested in this! I love DH's but have been moving towards Barb and WD's because DH dont appear to be in 4 mans very often - do you happen to have a link to the build?

Shadow_Demon

Clan Member
Nov 9, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I shall watch that tonight when I get home :D Cant wait!

KailJoric

Clan Member
Nov 21, 2016
Clan Rank
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
I may look into this as well, depending on how things look for the Gen Monk when Season 9 changes hit. There have been rumors that the new added density for GR's will make life quite stressing for Gen Monks due to their already low Toughness scores.

I've got no problem running a support role, but zBarb is just really hard for me to get into and the MMO genre has killed any chance of me playing a pure healer role.

So, a support DH might be right up my alley.. will be doing some research on this for sure.

Sendain

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
With a bit of luck I've managed to get up to 580M+ toughness @ 400K+ dps. And I have very little ancient gear and no augments.

I am curious to see how well it does in a 4-man meta.

KailJoric

Clan Member
Nov 21, 2016
Clan Rank
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Be sure to keep good notes on what you manage to reach and any adjustments or changes you have made or feel need to be made. I really don't have a viable character to give it a go, I've got a non-seasonal DH but my paragon levels on non-seasonal are much lower than my seasonal toons and I don't really want to roll up another DH before Season 9 starts.

I'm assuming the number of your Toughness is natural and not buffed? I know in the one video I watched the guy had around 500M toughness unbuffed but then cleared over 1 Billion when buffed.

I'd be curious to see if you can reach solid numbers of say 1.5 Billion buffed Toughness with perhaps 1M Damage; at that point I'd say the 4-man meta should or could include the zDH.

Nagrom

Banned
May 9, 2016
Sorry but that was a season 6 build in the video. He updated it for last season, probably during the PTR, because that is the class he plays but it was nowhere in the meta last season or this season. The nerfs to the multiplicative damage of the wolf and the additive damage of marked for death, I think both were 15%, just killed the viability of this build for pushing 4 mans. I was really sad when they did it because I came across the build at the end of season 6 and was really looking forward to playing it season 7. Sorry :(

Nagrom

Banned
May 9, 2016
I'd be curious to see if you can reach solid numbers of say 1.5 Billion buffed Toughness with perhaps 1M Damage; at that point I'd say the 4-man meta should or could include the zDH.
The damage you do is a nonfactor as a support toon. You are there for the soul purpose of buffing the dps. When they nerfed the wolf and marked for death damage buffs it killed the viability for pushing in the meta. You can do 4 mans but you have to have God like DPS to push past 90 with it because this setup was a 3 support class build if I remember correctly with the wiz doing the damage and the zdh, zmonk and zwd. They also nerfed the zwd damage buffs which got them booted from the meta as well.

KailJoric

Clan Member
Nov 21, 2016
Clan Rank
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
The damage you do is a nonfactor as a support toon. You are there for the soul purpose of buffing the dps. When they nerfed the wolf and marked for death damage buffs it killed the viability for pushing in the meta. You can do 4 mans but you have to have God like DPS to push past 90 with it because this setup was a 3 support class build if I remember correctly with the wiz doing the damage and the zdh, zmonk and zwd. They also nerfed the zwd damage buffs which got them booted from the meta as well.
Right, I understand that support toons DPS isn't priority with the way things are currently, my reasoning on trying to up the DPS while still maintaining the high toughness level is to attempt to make other classes relevant to the 4-mans. The game will get seriously old if every Season it is the same 4-man meta without any room for adjustments or acceptance of other classes.

If a slight adjustment can be made that gives the zDH some added DPS to help offset some of the damage then perhaps it could be relevant as a support toon.

I can't think that anyone truly wants to see the 4 man meta stay with WD, zBarb, zMonk, Gen Monk and that be that for the next few seasons. From what I understand that's how its been for the last couple seasons and if it stays the same then Season 9 will make at least 3-4 back to back seasons without any real changes to the game. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm the only one who'd like to see some variety for the high end GR's. I'd like to see Blizzard open things up a bit and allow for all the classes to have at least one legit build for running GR's 100+ in 4-mans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)