Why the Nova hate? (1 Viewer)

Warpath

Non-Member
Sep 17, 2015
I just came back to HoTS and noticed on twitch streams, fever forums, and in game there is a lot of Nova bashing? Just curious what sparked this since ive been gone...

C

ChaosKnightI

The fact that Nova is a useless Hero on her own. She's good at NOTHING except killing Heroes, which is one of the least impactful things early when teamfighting and timers aren't as important. There are other assassins that do what she does but survive, which Nova does not, and can kill more than 1 person, and can either do camps, objectives, etc. I think this is why people hate her.

tiltedslim

Vetted Officer
Sep 17, 2012
Smashville, Tennessee
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Yep. The Nova hate is from noobs that can't deal with her on the other team and experienced people that want a more useful player on their team. To further this, people will first pick Nova in HL and she is very counterable.

Wing

Clan Member
Feb 3, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I just came back to HoTS and noticed on twitch streams, fever forums, and in game there is a lot of Nova bashing? Just curious what sparked this since ive been gone...
Nothing new...nobody has liked nova since the alpha. She's a 1 trick pony hero and easily countered, but in new player games she's a bit of a god.

rvnender

Non-Member
Jul 27, 2015
mass
Everything Nova does, other characters can do better and also wave clear.

Nova needs her entire kit redone, or she's only going to be useful in QM.

Sleepy_Bear

Non-Member
Oct 4, 2015
The Nexus
I have noticed that Nova has some interesting talents related to her Pinning shot. If the stars aligned properly, she could deal some warrior-esque slows, and stuns, and even make targets vulnerable. I'm currently am trying a sorta Supporting Nova build but haven't perfected how to use it yet. Anyone else wanna try it out with me?

Wing

Clan Member
Feb 3, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I have noticed that Nova has some interesting talents related to her Pinning shot. If the stars aligned properly, she could deal some warrior-esque slows, and stuns, and even make targets vulnerable. I'm currently am trying a sorta Supporting Nova build but haven't perfected how to use it yet. Anyone else wanna try it out with me?
Doesn't work very well...you still end up being too weak to do anything. If you do anything other than her 1shot build you lack mana to pull off anything cool.

OneGuyArmy

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2015
My Corner
Mostly because when you're low and are like "I MADE IT" after a team fight, she pops up and you die.

Every. Single. Time. Easily countered yada yada, still frustrating as heck when that happens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)