Whitch is the best Internet company in USA? and NFS Most Wanted(the new one) (1 Viewer)

Yezzatan

Sep 23, 2012
Ocala, Florida
Well, just that, I'm moving to the united states soon, exactly Mcintosh, Florida, and I'll need a fast and stable connection so I want some opinions

About NFS, what you think about it, I have played it for like 15 hours in this last week for two reasons, I don't have anything else to do, not working, not in college(yet), no friends(most of them move to another state or country when we finished high school), the visuals of the game and the most important reason: I love cars, for me the game is not a NFS, you barely can change the tires, transmission configuration, aerodynamics, frame and nitrous, you can't even choose the color of your car, is always changing, and I started the game with an Aston Marti v12? Ok I said yes, yes you're not going to fuck me with this again, I know I'll loose something and get a 20000$ instead of this v12, but no, they gave me a 100k$ porsche, and the possibility to change it for other expensive cars, even the aston martin that I was driving at the beginning, what you guys think about the game?

Yezza.

Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Verizon Fios and comcast are usually the fastest if they're in the area. They're also probably the most expensive. I wish Google's new fiber optic system was in more than just one city :(

BenSpazz

Non-Member
Sep 10, 2012
an open field in Ohio
i live out in the boonies in Ohio, and I have windstream DSL. its got decent speeds (i have 12mb) and its affordable (down right cheap actually). the reliability leaves a bit to be desired, at least once a year the net drops for a day or two. but again, out in the boondocks, so i figure its to be expected.

Yezzatan

Sep 23, 2012
Ocala, Florida
Thanks for the opinions, if you can tell how much you pay and your average speed ?

Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I have no idea what our advertised speed is in this house or the price because I live with around 50 other guys in a house and I don't manage the network

Edwards

Oct 24, 2012
Arizona
Unfortunately in the States you are limited to certain internet providers. They are exclusive to your area usually and depending on where you live you may only have 1 option. Most apartment complexes in Arizona contract either Cox or Qwest and on top of that, those are your only two options that have fast speeds, one being Cable the latter DSL. As far as florida goes, I don't know the companies out there, but don't expect to have a wide variety of choices, maybe 2 max unless you go like satellite or something.

Price: Expect to pay 50-70 a month for a connection that won't be fail. Though I know companies like Cox offer lines that far exceed the norm, I think they told me they have on up to like 50megs or something...but it was like $300 a month just for the line...and the special modem required was in the 1000's, it's more for business use though they do have residents that are willing to pay it lol.

Lore

Nov 23, 2011
Indiana
Not sure, but mine is the worst!

Capra

Jun 24, 2012
alberta, canada
About NFS, what you think about it, I have played it for like 15 hours in this last week for two reasons, I don't have anything else to do, not working, not in college(yet), no friends(most of them move to another state or country when we finished high school), the visuals of the game and the most important reason: I love cars, for me the game is not a NFS, you barely can change the tires, transmission configuration, aerodynamics, frame and nitrous, you can't even choose the color of your car, is always changing, and I started the game with an Aston Marti v12? Ok I said yes, yes you're not going to fuck me with this again, I know I'll loose something and get a 20000$ instead of this v12, but no, they gave me a 100k$ porsche, and the possibility to change it for other expensive cars, even the aston martin that I was driving at the beginning, what you guys think about the game?

Yezza.
I like the game alot because burnout paradise is my favorite game for the playstation 3.
i got the game on origin. because the loading times were horrendous for NFS Hot pursuit on PS3.
i agree with you about the customization options. you can always play midnight club los angeles the options in that game were staggering.

Powerthirst

Jul 6, 2009
well you might have either comcast or brighthouse. if those are your options go with comcast... brighthouse drops connection constantly and they charge way too much for internet that sucks. when i lived in an apt in orlando it was the only internet allowed in the complex and BH charged 130 a month for the 12m and basic cable package. when we moved we went to comcast and am now paying 80 a month for cable and highspeed internet that doesnt drop. however i dont know what options you will have when you get there.

Yezzatan

Sep 23, 2012
Ocala, Florida
Thanks everyone, I was searching in the internet, and it says that my options will be Bright House, Century Link, Sprint and others satelite companys, any experience with those?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)