What time do you sleep? (2 Viewers)

BruC0Ndr

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2014
Earth Systems Alliance Space
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I go to sleep between 1 and 2 AM usually. Try to get between six or seven hours, which seems to be just the right amount for me. When I sleep too much or too little I feel groggy and out of it, and it even seems to affect my physical strength negatively.

Used to pull all nighters all the time, sometimes going 24 to 48 hours with no sleep. Decided to put a stop to that when I read up on how horribly that affects brain chemistry, especially the part about how people who forego sleep regularly may be causing permanent damage.

Because what I did was done so willingly, it wasn't difficult for me to correct it. If I had a true sleeping disorder it definitely would not have been so simple.
I would really like to have a all nighter, but me and my gf can never seem to pull it off :p I mostly fall asleep first, any tips on doing it?

I sometimes even like sleep when I get home from school, I heard it like disturbs your sleeping rhythm, but I just really feel tired... And Idgaf

SinrOne

Non-Member
Nov 16, 2014
Helsinki,Finland
Nowadays thankfully i sleep more.. I often go sleep 10-12pm and wake up 6-7am, depending on at what time i need to be on work. Year ago i used to go sleep 1-4Am and wake up 5.30 am.. Ridiculous but i wasnt even that tired at work for some odd reason.

Mr_Stompy

Vetted Officer
Jun 25, 2012
Mushroom Kingdom
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I would really like to have a all nighter, but me and my gf can never seem to pull it off :p I mostly fall asleep first, any tips on doing it?

I sometimes even like sleep when I get home from school, I heard it like disturbs your sleeping rhythm, but I just really feel tired... And Idgaf
To go one or two days straight (which I wouldn't recommend) I would have tons of caffeine, and I would exercise and work on things obsessively. Would try to not let myself sit down, because when I was seated I would start falling into micro naps for a few seconds at a time. So I would mostly stay on my feet walking around with a book in front of me to study, or I would organize and work on things like cleaning and sealing grout in the kitchen or sanding a deck chair to prep it for staining. If I played any games or watched TV at all during all nighters I also did so while standing, which works alright with a gamepad but not so well with keyboard & mouse.

As for the naps, taking a nap every 6 or 7 hours is actually good for you because it sort of resets your biologic clock. Fifteen minutes to an hour is good, but more than an hour throws off your circadian rhythm which makes it more difficult to get a full nights sleep later on.

BruC0Ndr

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2014
Earth Systems Alliance Space
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
To go one or two days straight (which I wouldn't recommend) I would have tons of caffeine, and I would exercise and work on things obsessively. Would try to not let myself sit down, because when I was seated I would start falling into micro naps for a few seconds at a time. So I would mostly stay on my feet walking around with a book in front of me to study, or I would organize and work on things like cleaning and sealing grout in the kitchen or sanding a deck chair to prep it for staining. If I played any games or watched TV at all during all nighters I also did so while standing, which works alright with a gamepad but not so well with keyboard & mouse.

As for the naps, taking a nap every 6 or 7 hours is actually good for you because it sort of resets your biologic clock. Fifteen minutes to an hour is good, but more than an hour throws off your circadian rhythm which makes it more difficult to get a full nights sleep later on.
Hey thanks, those are some great tips!

fergus588

Non-Member
Aug 5, 2014
12 till 7 on average but can go to sleep at like 3 am :// but also go to bed at like 10 so yeeeeee

Izzo

Clan Officer
Aug 22, 2014
Clan Rank
Colonel
Colonel
[MENTION=35194]BruC0Ndr[/MENTION] if you use the site before mentioned www.sleeyti.me you will wake during a REM. When your in a REM cycle of sleep your body is in gear ready to go but sleep paralyzes your muscles, this is why when you wake in a REM you feel refreshed and ready to go. That site gives multiple times for a reason if you take a nap use the first or second times to get up or simply sleep for about 20 minutes. If you sleep longer you enter a deep sleep and don't hit a "good" time to wake until the first one listed. You can function well on 7 hours sleep and 8 is recommended but some people manage with far less. Although many people think they can catch up on sleep you cannot once it is lost it is gone. It's funny cause I was just reviewing this in the Psych class I'm taking.

OO7

Non-Member
Nov 8, 2013
Usually sleep early morning/late afternoon and up 8-12 hrs after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)