Discussion: What anime do you really like that no one else seems to talk or care about? (1 Viewer)

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
My contribution to this thread is Shinsekai Yori [English: From the New World]. Massively underwatched and underrated.
I seriously hate using MAL for reference here but like...come on man.

Saikaici

Clan Member
Sep 9, 2012
Colorado
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I seriously hate using MAL for reference here but like...come on man.

Interesting, I never hear people talk about it or mention it. Somehow it has a higher rating than Bakemonogatari. I mean, I guess.

Watamote

Non-Member
Aug 27, 2016
Florida
Watamote

I know it was huge on 4chan back in 2013, but not many people seem to have heard of it. I watched it after I saw the intro on Youtube-- and I haven't shut up about it since. I even made it my name in almost everything.

When I watched it, I had some very "A Christmas Carol" type moments-- where I saw myself in story's protagonist reliving perfectly recreated moments of my life. Everything Tomoko does, says, and even thinks-- where all things I had done, said and thought, and even though it was all fictional, scripted, and animated, I knew exactly how she was feeling at every moment. I had lived my whole life with an invisible disability-- one I couldn't see until I saw it just then from an outside perspective. I mean, it's still there. I still have extreme, life-crushing anxiety around people, but I can manage it now to some extent. I can see that my fears are mostly irrational, because I understand now.

I have read that the author of the manga, Nico Tanigawa, wrote it in reflection of her own life and experiences.

Attachments

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
Interesting, I never hear people talk about it or mention it. Somehow it has a higher rating than Bakemonogatari. I mean, I guess.
Where do you talk about anime in that case? It was largely talked about for a while.
Hyouka,

Love it , not many others do
boi
I re-watch Hyouka every Fall.

Saikaici

Clan Member
Sep 9, 2012
Colorado
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Where do you talk about anime in that case? It was largely talked about for a while.

boi
I re-watch Hyouka every Fall.
At the time, here *cough*( two post thread - Shinsekai Yori ), and 3-5 other friends. At the time my anime network was a little bit less connected. People would mention it but never discuss it.

Hyouka is super popular. I tried watching it but got a little bit bored. Chitanda is incredibly adorable though.

Hedd

Clan Member
Jun 25, 2012
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
At the time, here *cough*( two post thread - Shinsekai Yori ), and 3-5 other friends. At the time my anime network was a little bit less connected. People would mention it but never discuss it.

Hyouka is super popular. I tried watching it but got a little bit bored. Chitanda is incredibly adorable though.
I have a few blogs like Sankaku Complex I frequent that give me an idea of somethings popularity in Japan. Anime Suki gives you an idea stateside by the size of the threads. Hearing people fanboi about it in here is a good indicator too. *eyes my list of reason I'll never watch JoJo* Yep.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
*eyes my list of reason I'll never watch JoJo* Yep.
Man...Delta is quite the memer, but I'd actually read it.

Neirn

Clan Member
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Clan Rank
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Blood +. I don't understand why nobody talks about it, it was awesome.

Not sure if anyone had mentioned before but, Fairy Tail is my go to ever 6 months. It's a rollercoaster of emotion and man does it do such a good job at giving precise and detailed storylines of every character. After around episode 178 or 186 (can't remember exactly) it dipped due to the change in production. Still my favorite.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Anime/Manga 13
SunKenRock Anime/Manga 1
SunKenRock Anime/Manga 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)