Closed: Web Chat (1 Viewer)

MorbidLemming

Non-Member
Jun 27, 2015
Hertfordshire, England
Not sure if you are aware or if this has changed over the last week or so, every time I log in now the chat box is empty and there is rarely anything displayed on it. Occasionally there will be some comments pop up but then they go away, there will be some "joined the clan" text displayed but for the most part it just says "Loading". I have tried to type in the chat box but the message just disappears and nothing is left in the box window. Using Chrome browser.

When you click on the User List it comes up with a 404 error as follows.

Not Found

The requested URL /user_list was not found on this server.

Just thought you may want to know are to be made aware of this. I was working perfectly fine like a month ago

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Hmm... what's your Chrome version?
Could you try it with another browser (IE/Firefox) just to be sure it's not a different underlying issue?
Don't have Chrome here (my laptop) but at least with Firefox everything beside your mentioned "User list"-thing is working fine.

MorbidLemming

Non-Member
Jun 27, 2015
Hertfordshire, England
I have tried logging in with all know browsers and it is the same across all. This has only happened in the last few weeks.

I have check the browsers and there all up to date.
Version 44.0.2403.130 m
Google Chrome is up to date.

This is all I get displayed for the chat.
Chat log.PNG

When I click the user List this pops up in a new window.
Error 404.PNG

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Hmm, I'm either not that proficient with browsers in general or the forum structure here...

[MENTION=34628]captaindiptoad[/MENTION] or [MENTION=41504]Izzo[/MENTION] maybe can say more about that.

PS: At least here at work I'm getting a similar error (no connection to the chat). Chrome version the same as yours.

I

Izzo

[MENTION=52467]MorbidLemming[/MENTION] [MENTION=50355]Gyorn[/MENTION] first thing i have to ask is the clock set properly and your timezone on the forums set properly? Those tend to be the most common issues. I would also like you to try it in an in private window and in a internet explorer without add on's. Check that all your plugins up to date. Recently in Java this means uninstalling the old one once the new is in. Then come back and let me know if any changed occurred or if one of those fixed the problem.

Vex

Vetted Officer
Jan 14, 2015
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
^^^This. Let me know [MENTION=52467]MorbidLemming[/MENTION]: if this helps resolve your issue

MorbidLemming

Non-Member
Jun 27, 2015
Hertfordshire, England
[MENTION=52467]MorbidLemming[/MENTION] [MENTION=50355]Gyorn[/MENTION] first thing i have to ask is the clock set properly and your timezone on the forums set properly? Those tend to be the most common issues. I would also like you to try it in an in private window and in a internet explorer without add on's. Check that all your plugins up to date. Recently in Java this means uninstalling the old one once the new is in. Then come back and let me know if any changed occurred or if one of those fixed the problem.
Nope and Nope, checked timezone and its GMT London and opened a private window, as I said before I have not changed anything from when it was working and first signed up...

Its not a major issue I just can't use the chat and nothing is displayed, like people joining the clan either. yesterday Delta typed test and working fine for me, I typed back and nothing popped up in the box and when I refreshed the page the text wasn't there anymore.

Deltascourge

Vetted Officer
May 10, 2015
The Netherlands
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Nope and Nope, checked timezone and its GMT London and opened a private window, as I said before I have not changed anything from when it was working and first signed up...

Its not a major issue I just can't use the chat and nothing is displayed, like people joining the clan either. yesterday Delta typed test and working fine for me, I typed back and nothing popped up in the box and when I refreshed the page the text wasn't there anymore.
Yeah, I read this post and decided to check if it was broken for everyone or just you. Hope you get it all sorted out as I have no idea what could be causing it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)