Closed: Want to make a new rig, need ideas. (1 Viewer)

Matchaos

Clan Members
Jun 26, 2012
Mansfield, MA
Clan Rank
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Ok so it's time for me to make a new desktop and i need ideas on parts to buy including case, processor, mb, vid card, and pwr supply. If anyone could throw some stuff out there for me that would be awesome and oh yea i dont know everything about comps. Price isnt really an issue but larger the price more time i would have to wait to have it.

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
we need to move this to the support section, then we'll get right on it.

we will need some iformation from you first:

-budget
- what games are you going to be playing
-what is the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden swallow?

Sura

Vetted Officer
Jan 13, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Adding on to y0y0,

Do you have any parts which you have already which can be used in this build?

What exactly do you want it for? Gaming, work etc.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
What they said, and you better get the air speed velocity question right or I'm not sure how I can help

Sent from my Pikachu Pokwalker

First... is it an African, or European swallow?

Secondly, [MENTION=440]Matchaos[/MENTION] if you give us a specific amount of money, say how much time you want to actually take to build it and how much money you would have at that time, it would help us get you parts. As things like VC's can run about $100 or $400 depending on how new they are. Also, if you are going to be playing the more intensive games like BF3, Skyrim, etc. If it's just like LoL and the like, then we won't need to get as powerful of products for you, and that will save you some money.

Anyway, let us know these things, and we'll get on your build! Also, what kind of case do you want? Micro, mid-tower, or full case? options options options. That's what we do here. Take what YOU want and try and make the perfect setup for you. All for a small fee :D ok not really any fee, but it's fun to say.

Sura

Vetted Officer
Jan 13, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Wait what? I was always under the impression we charged 10% of the cost of the final build...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Agent38ddd

I know you said that money wasn't an issue, but it's a lot easier to spec out a system when you know what you have to spend. If you are going into this without anything carrying over from your current system, and want this to mainly be a gaming machine with graphical capabilities in the medium+ range, then $1200-$1500 is an easy target. This would cover:

case -- $70-120 (lot of great cases in this range)
CPU -- $100-150 (AMD quad core) / $150-200 (Intel quad core) -- both are great for gaming, with the Intel procs being faster overall)
motherboard -- $80-130 (don't need to spend more than $100 if you aren't an aspiring overclocker)
video card -- $200-300 (this is where you should spend the big money = most bang for your buck)
power supply -- $80-200 (beefier PSU means you can add another graphics card later, after the prices drop)
memory -- $50 (that gets you 2x 4GB = 8GB of RAM)
hard drive -- $100 (that gets you about 1TB of storage)
SSD -- $100 (this gets you a 120GB solid state drive for your operating system + a few apps/games -- makes everything much faster)
LCD -- $150 (this gets you a nice 23"@1080p resolution)
keyboard -- $15-80 (depends on how fancy you want to get)
mouse -- $15-80 (depends on how fancy you want to get)
operating system -- $100 (gets you an OEM copy of Win7 Home Premium 64bit)

That's $1460 at the extreme upper-end. You can usually find free shipping on all of that (if you look hard enough), and there is plenty of money to be saved if you go the AMD route, and don't need a fancy mouse/keyboard. Even more if you have your own copy of Windows.

A

Agent38ddd

Should be getting it in his email box (thread subscription is default in the forum) -- but a good idea, regardless. We'll just see if he responds back, and go from there ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Closed: TigerDirect Featured my Rig Closed Support Cases 1
C Closed: September Mid Gaming Rig Closed Support Cases 2
D Closed: Deacon's Build-a-Rig Computer... Complete with Stuffing -.- Idea's Welcome! Closed Support Cases 19
Agbourke Closed: Complete new rig(USB problems) Closed Support Cases 9
M Closed: Questions about building and using a new rig Closed Support Cases 14
y0y0ninja Closed: Awesome custom rig, check it out! Closed Support Cases 8
A Closed: Summer PC builds Closed Support Cases 476
W Closed: is this the way was suposh to be? Closed Support Cases 4
Bradley Dragon Closed: need some assistance getting through the week. anything would be appeciated. Closed Support Cases 1
NGvisator Closed: Computer Parts for Streaming NEED HELP Closed Support Cases 10
Madzer Closed: Need help ASAP Closed Support Cases 11
Darkfire3814 Closed: Need an SSD? Closed Support Cases 10
S Closed: Need help for getting my computer Closed Support Cases 13
Kaelguldan Closed: Building first Streaming/Gaming/Video Editing computer 2500-3000$ need input! Closed Support Cases 4
X Closed: I need your help Fever finding a GPU. Closed Support Cases 6
Lil_Nora Closed: Playing Vindictus NA, need proxy program Closed Support Cases 6
Hasmed Closed: Need Helprebootings windows 7 Closed Support Cases 11
AppleJack Closed: NEED AN ANSWER ASAP WHICH PHONE SHOULD I GET? Closed Support Cases 50
billy_da_bob Closed: I need help playing older games on Win7 Closed Support Cases 9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)