Upcoming Tournaments 14th, 21st, 28th of may. (1 Viewer)

Makk

Apr 10, 2016
Matinkyl, Espoo
Rookie has informed me that he will not be able to host tournaments during the upcoming weekends.

So he asked me to take over the hosting. I was responsible of a big-ass inhouse-league in my previous community so i gladly agreed.

However. I was quite unhappy how the latest tournament turned out so i propose you this:

Instead of randomizing players and letting captains choose players for the tournaments, Lets make premade teams and battle it out with those in atleast the next upcoming tournaments.

Now i am aware that we have some problems with MMR-distribution and skill-difference but this is easily solveable by allowing every team to bring in 2 stand-ins.
Having a team composed fully of Fever members is fine as well of course.

I am also going to put out actual prizes for the participants so as to raise awareness and to get a proper dota tournament going. For example, a copy of a steam game for all participants in the winning team or vouchers for other games or in-game items etc.

So buckle up and gather your best dota-playing stacks and make a team!

Now, i am aware that a lot of players will be wanted into different stacks and it is completely up to themselves which team they join.

Keep in mind that once a player is registered in a team, he can no longer switch, otherwise his team will be disqualified from the tournament. Teams must also be formed 2 hours prior to the tournament.

SOLO SIGN-UPS FOR BALANCED TEAMS ACCORDING TO MMR ARE NOW OPEN

keep in mind that once you register as solo, you can no longer join another team even if asked to. You will be "stuck" in the solo players' pool.

I will form balanced teams according to MMR from the solo registrations.

The first tournament will be hosted on Saturday 14th of May at 4PM EST or 21:00 GMT.

SIGN-UPS HAVE NOW CLOSED, WE HAVE ENOUGH TEAMS FOR THIS WEEKEND'S TOURNAMENT, YOU CAN VIEW THE BRACKETS HERE:

http://challonge.com/feverpremade

The solo registered team will be called Solo Reg. Heroes and is also included to the bracket. Solo Reg. Heroes also get to skip the first round due to being a non-premade team.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN GUYS!

FAQ

What is the default server? - Luxembourg if not agreed upon differently: See; Murrican teams

What are the prizes? - i posted this somewhere in this post, but still being discussed, elaborating more tomorrow. The prizes are straight from MY POCKET, so when they're decided that's final, they do however have a certain amount of choice as far as I'm concerned.

Why am i playing extra games? - Because we only have 5 fever teams/fever-affiliated teams that are balanced and fair and square in MMR and shit's just made randomly on the comp to be as fair as possible, so we have to play some extras. If we had 6 we could play equal amounts of games. this is as balanced as it gets.

When does it start? - CHECK THE MAIN POST

What is the format? - Bo1 until grand final Bo3. BOOHOO WHY CAN'T WE PLAY BO3 ALL THE WAY? - Because shit takes too long son, EU players probably want to sleep before the next goddamn monday comes, that's why. All games except for the first round and the semi- and final games are played at the same time so as to preserve time as well.

What if my player disconnects and doesn't reconnect? - If you know he's coming back, no worries son we get it, shit happens and this is cool we can wait as long as up to 30min if people's shit is acting up. But if he doesn't come back and you can't contact him. Max 10min wait time until game is default-won by the other team, SO KEEP A FORM OF COMMUNICATON IF YOU HAVE SHIT INTERNET, TYVM GUYS :)

What's the default pause time? - 10 Minutes

MORE FAQ ADDED SOON IF YOU PEEPS KEEP ASKING.

TEAMS AND PLAYERS (STAND-INS NOT INCLUDED):

Sophisticated Homo Sapiens:

NooDL
Dragontwist
Madbam
Neurotoxic
Hop3

Pink Sparkling Hellokitty

Moe
aaa
QQ
smash-bro
tre

DUSKY DUSKY

Makk
Datis
Andy
Kimenu
Nimble Navigator

Brookes +3

Junior
Cptn
Mesh
K1el
Wizx

Solo Reg. Heroes

AirMaximus88
TheShugg
ShortySwe
BonoLemon
Log
SuperNinja

Last edited:

aaa

Clan Member
Feb 12, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
What do you mean premade teams? Are we allowed to make our own teams and sign up as a team?

moe

Non-Member
Feb 12, 2015
what server is it gonna be on?

Junior

Non-Member
Feb 19, 2016
Rookie has informed me that he will not be able to host tournaments during the upcoming weekends.

So he asked me to take over the hosting. I was responsible of a big-ass inhouse-league in my previous community so i gladly agreed.

However. I was quite unhappy how the latest tournament turned out so i propose you this:

Instead of randomizing players and letting captains choose players for the tournaments, Lets make premade teams and battle it out with those in atleast the next upcoming tournaments.

Now i am aware that we have some problems with MMR-distribution and skill-difference but this is easily solveable by allowing every team to bring in 2 stand-ins.
Having a team composed fully of Fever members is fine as well of course.

I am also going to put out actual prizes for the participants so as to raise awareness and to get a proper dota tournament going. For example, a copy of a steam game for all participants in the winning team or vouchers for other games or in-game items etc.

So buckle up and gather your best dota-playing stacks and make a team!

Now, i am aware that a lot of players will be wanted into different stacks and it is completely up to themselves which team they join.

Keep in mind that once a player is registered in a team, he can no longer switch, otherwise his team will be disqualified from the tournament. Teams must also be formed 2 hours prior to the tournament.

The first tournament will be hosted on Saturday 14th of May at 2PM EST or 19:00 GMT.

Fever premade teams DOTA 2 tournament 14th of may.
does the premade team have to be all fever members or some can be non members with some fever people too? and is there a set number of fever members in each team?

Neurotxc

May 7, 2016
Im up for playing in this. hmu if anyone crazy enough wants me in their team :)

digitalblade

Clan Member
Aug 6, 2015
Germany
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Makk, we do random teams cause forming teams in Fever has turned out difficult. Me, Kimenu's, daddy and recently Rocket Scientist have attempted that so far with not much luck. So we sticked to random so everyone can join no matter of skill or anything.

I wish you good luck. But what you are doing can turn down everyone that does not wish to commit to a team or simply have a hard time finding one to join.

If you include pre build and random teams it will be a mess but I am confident you can pull it off. Just keep in mind we want happy Fever members not to compete on Tournament quality level with you other Tournaments in other communities.

4 formed teams in one week are a bit optimistic still and they will be on a random team level for the first planned Tournament anyways.

Makk

Apr 10, 2016
Matinkyl, Espoo
So basically you can play with only 3 fever members per team but depending on the amount of entrants next week i am considering to put in 1-fever member and the rest random teams if it turns up to be too difficult.

If we don't get enough players i will get random teams from my friendslist to compete against fever teams.

In any case, this tournament will go down even if there is only one fever team competing.

This is a very flexible tournament and can be bent depending on the players' wishes.

*EDIT*

In my previous community, running good quality lobbies and games was far superior when using premade teams compared to random teams. It only varied if all the 5k-6k players were online, after which the random rule was implemented most of the time.

Personally, i find that personalities and playstyles don't always mix very well when it comes to the randomized teams so it's easier to hold tournaments where people have their own stacks to compete with.

*EDIT2*

The tournament will also be played 2 hours later than intended so 4PM EST and 21:00 GMT

As for the teams, yes the intention is that you gather up atleast 2 of your fever friends and make a team and sign up together and if you don't happen to get a stack you are allowed 2 stand-in players FOR NOW.

as mentioned above, depending on the amount of players it may be played with full "friendstacks" with only 1 fever-member being necessary.

And the servers are Luxembourg by default but can be changed depending on the teams' needs (Obviously 2 US teams will play on US servers).
I for example have no probs playing on US servers and i doubt my intended stack will have problems either.

Last edited:

aaa

Clan Member
Feb 12, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
So basically you can play with only 3 fever members per team but depending on the amount of entrants next week i am considering to put in 1-fever member and the rest random teams if it turns up to be too difficult.

If we don't get enough players i will get random teams from my friendslist to compete against fever teams.

In any case, this tournament will go down even if there is only one fever team competing.

This is a very flexible tournament and can be bent depending on the players' wishes.

*EDIT*

In my previous community, running good quality lobbies and games was far superior when using premade teams compared to random teams. It only varied if all the 5k-6k players were online, after which the random rule was implemented most of the time.

Personally, i find that personalities and playstyles don't always mix very well when it comes to the randomized teams so it's easier to hold tournaments where people have their own stacks to compete with.

*EDIT2*

The tournament will also be played 2 hours later than intended so 4PM EST and 21:00 GMT

As for the teams, yes the intention is that you gather up atleast 2 of your fever friends and make a team and sign up together and if you don't happen to get a stack you are allowed 2 stand-in players FOR NOW.

as mentioned above, depending on the amount of players it may be played with full "friendstacks" with only 1 fever-member being necessary.

And the servers are Luxembourg by default but can be changed depending on the teams' needs (Obviously 2 US teams will play on US servers).
I for example have no probs playing on US servers and i doubt my intended stack will have problems either.
What about US team vs. EU team? Can I suggest that those be played on US East servers? Most EU players ping about 150~200 to USE, while US players from US West ping about 100~150 to USE. If you force USW players to play on Lux it's like a <50 ping vs. 250 ping difference.

Neurotxc

May 7, 2016
What about US team vs. EU team? Can I suggest that those be played on US East servers? Most EU players ping about 150~200 to USE, while US players from US West ping about 100~150 to USE. If you force USW players to play on Lux it's like a <50 ping vs. 250 ping difference.
then it would be more of a showmatch, not a tournament

Makk

Apr 10, 2016
Matinkyl, Espoo
the servers are Luxembourg by default but can be changed depending on the teams' needs as mentioned.

i don't mind playing US East and im sure a lot of other players don't mind either

aaa

Clan Member
Feb 12, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
So most likely on Lux and only US East if the other team agrees?

Sorry for asking for repeated clarifications but I was hoping for a consistent rule. Like a definite answer for server selection to the following scenarios: USW team vs EU team, and USW team vs USE team. If I could get a clear answer I can decide whether I should bother asking my friends to join since they are mostly USW players.

Last edited:

NooDL

Non-Member
Apr 10, 2013
dunno, lol
Players that wanna join but don't have a team could sign up as solo and then a team/teams are created from that pool of players maybe? How does that sound? Cuz then it still allows everyone to join
[MENTION=66414]Makk[/MENTION] [MENTION=53859]digitalblade[/MENTION]

Makk

Apr 10, 2016
Matinkyl, Espoo
So most likely on Lux and only US East if the other team agrees?

Sorry for asking for repeated clarifications but I was hoping for a consistent rule. Like a definite answer for server selection to the following scenarios: USW team vs EU team, and USW team vs USE team. If I could get a clear answer I can decide whether I should bother asking my friends to join since they are mostly USW players.
Well, since EU players have better internet in general, when USW plays EU we will definately be playing on US East.

Don't worry, you won't be at a disadvantage.

The main server for US games will also be US East because the difference is minimal in comparison to the EU one.

There's your consistent rule. :banana:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)