Training Maps (1 Viewer)

Cornerstone

Clan Member
Jun 3, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Post here with the name of any useful training maps/ arcade games that have helped you improve your game, and whether they're for beginners or at what skill level they're most useful.

Cornerstone

Clan Member
Jun 3, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
For anyone gold league or higher I recommend using the "LOTV Multitasking Trainer" (current version 1.2) on the Arcade. It allows you to practice builds whilst requiring you to keep a probe alive that is being chased by a zergling. There are also other challenges required such as a maximum mineral limit, rescuing a unit from an island, and defending against waves of attackers. The ultimate goal is to destroy a Terran base before the timer expires. Also, the difficulty can be adjusted.

For Beginners I recommend finding a "unit tester" on the Arcade and playing around with the units to learn what they all do and test how they measure up to each other. (sorry I don't have a good recommendation since the one I used to use is no longer available) This is a really useful tool when you don't know what combination of units counters another and want to run tests.

Off topic, but related to improving, I'll go ahead and mention that Beginners should google "sc2 mechanics" to learn how to improve more quickly.

Useful links: (some information may be out of date or related to previous expansions)
How to Improve
Secrets of Hotkeys, APM and Mouse Movement (Skip past to 24 minutes)
Day9 Videos - Back to the Basics (WARNING! Day9 talks a lot, so skip ahead till he gets on task)
Bronze to Masters - Improving Mechanics

Edit: Misprint, unit preloader to unit tester. Removed bad link.
Edit: Added Secrets of Hotkeys, APM and Mouse Movement

Last edited:

Cornerstone

Clan Member
Jun 3, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
dual post

Last edited:

Zolta

Clan Member
Feb 13, 2017
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I would definitely recommend the multitasking trainer, I use it personally.

Cornerstone

Clan Member
Jun 3, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
bump

Kazik

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Raleigh NC
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Starcraft Master is another good one. I still got 2 more to go on that one. To much latency from my pc to pull off lol.

Cornerstone

Clan Member
Jun 3, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I'll check that out. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)