Clan Member
Apr 11, 2014
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
Shinsekai Yori

Source: A novel by Yusuke Kishi From The New World and
Manga published in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine

[The story is set in Japan a millennium from now. Six childrenSaki, Satoru, Maria, Mamoru, Shun, and Reikohave been born and raised in a tranquil town, Kamisu's 66th district, that can be described as a utopia overflowing with water and green foliage. The world is ruled by people who have the "cursed power" or the "gods' power" of telekinesis. After a certain incident, Saki and the others come to realize the true nature of their world. Before long, they learn everything, including the bloody history that brought humanity to this state. The five throw themselves into a life-threatening adventure and fight to protect friends and a world on the brink of collapse.

Plot taken from Wikipedia

Shinsekai Yori to me is a series that will go on to be a classic. Be warned though this series is not light. You will feel uncomfortable at times throughout. Luckily though it will be one of those edge of your seat kind of uncomfortable. The series starts of immediately giving you a feeling of dread and holds you in a state of wonder, hinting at the complex world it is about to unveil. This is a show of many mysteries. The show won't hold out on you though. Instead it will constantly be explaining the mysteries it presents while always leaving you with more. It will draw you in and hold you there. Never letting go till the last scene.

[video=youtube;LV31EHwtayo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV31EHwtayo[/video]​

Last edited:

Sycon1

Non-Member
Mar 22, 2015
Oh this one was so good. I fucking loved it to bits. The ending was good but I was hoping for another one. Btw am I the only one who though about the PC master race joke when I looked at the queerats and normal humans?
Major spoilers! (My dream ending)
[SPOILER] Maria would return with Saki and leave scrubby cry-baby Mammoru behind.(oh how much I despise that character and that choice of killing Maria). And then queerats would kidnap someone else and have them make a baby with Mammoru and that kid would be the "fiend". Basicly I am saying I hate the director for killing of Maria since she was my favourite (yes, I liked her more then the goddamn protagonist). [/SPOILER]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)