Sharing another experience I have regarding marketing | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Sharing another experience I have regarding marketing (1 Viewer)

NobleLion

Vetted Officer
Apr 29, 2015
US Central
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
TL : DR - How about something that tracks consecutive logins by members with rewards for various milestones?

Hi again,
Just trying to keep things active here for myself, and putting this out there.

One thing I feel strongly about that is consistent with what I believe we are trying to do regarding retention, is keeping people coming to the site at least once a day - every day.

When a person is gone for a couple of days, that can lead to missing a third, then a fourth, etc. It's easy to not feel the pull after you've passed the critical retained interest period of 2 days.

To engage people beyond the activities that we are working on, I would like to suggest that we have something similar to a loyalty check-in program. The program keeps track of consecutive days a person has logged in and posted, or just logged in if that is possible. The longer the streak, the higher the reward - like maybe offer 10 Fever coins for a stretch of 14 consecutive days (or something like that).

We could do something like have awards noting streaks - like the 1 week active award, the 30 day active award, etc.

Many times people will just log in to do something to keep their streak going. The trick is finding that balance of incentive and reward to keep people engaged.

One idea of promoting participation is to publish a list of people on their consecutive streak:
One week streak:
Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, etc.
10 day streak:
Frank, Hamilton, Joe, etc.
21 day streak:
Peter, Paul, Mary,etc.
30 day streak:
Barry, Robin, Maurice, etc.

I just think that people who visit the site every day are going to be naturally more engaged and receptive to other member activities we have.

efgodlike

Vetted Officer
Mar 11, 2015
Lakeland, FL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
[MENTION=46290]Kodexx[/MENTION] [MENTION=47384]Rimeraz[/MENTION] [MENTION=43986]Croatoan[/MENTION] [MENTION=45393]Ncola[/MENTION] [MENTION=49959]Abcsam[/MENTION] [MENTION=47462]Spowart[/MENTION] [MENTION=50575]Deltascourge[/MENTION] [MENTION=50145]NobleLion[/MENTION]

I would like to see what you guys say about this before putting in my two cents. lets here some discussion about it!

Rimeraz

Clan Member
Feb 12, 2015
OH, USA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
sounds good to me.

Deltascourge

Vetted Officer
May 10, 2015
The Netherlands
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Seems like a good idea.

How will the later tiers be? I'd say that if it'd reset after 30 days/the end of the months, the rewards wouldn't go crazy.

Vex

Vetted Officer
Jan 14, 2015
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
[MENTION=174]Cybernetcrash[/MENTION]
What is your opinion on the use of coins for something like this?

Also, How would we keep track of this? Fever has a insane amount of active members, i love the idea but i also see this as something that will easily fail if not cared for every single day.

The only way coins would be given for something like this, is if it was implemented, and awards were made for it. And then that award would be tiered with the ones we currently have for coins. I don't even know if something like this is possible though.

A

Abcsam

If we lose any one player whin en 24hrs They are probably gone. I am not even sure if people get the gravity of coins tell they have put a lot time into the clan. We push ts so hard we need to talk to people on ts.

NobleLion

Vetted Officer
Apr 29, 2015
US Central
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Good comments so far! Let me add a few more thoughts.
1. This wasn't proposed as a singular retention program. It is a thought about keeping people active to supplement our other Member Activity events. If a person isn't on for a while (say even a week) they could miss out on our other activities.
2. The incentive idea about using some type of reward like coins is definitely in incubation stage... that was an example, but I'm sure we can come up with other things to incentivize this.
3. We can't make this be uni-focused, meaning focusing just on one type of member, like the member that just loves to do streaks and receive recognition for them. We'll want to have this be for a variety of members, as there are some that won't care about recognition via a streak award, there will be those that don't care about coins, those that want any way of getting coins, etc.
4. I'd like to see us be open to multiple forms of communication in engagement efforts. I was just hoping to keep people engaged and coming onto the site, which gives us more chance of reaching them. We can definitely do TS, but I was thinking of making something as easy as possible just to keep them engaged and logging in.

The big thought for the post was how some people who "take a break" from logging in can easily find themselves in the group of extended break people who eventually disappear. Friends I've made when they joined show no activity at all, and they were the examples of people I'd like to reach along with others.

Lastly, I appreciate the comments about how we need to think the rewards (i.e. coins) through, and how we have a very active member base. Maybe we find a way to gear this specific to those that joined but haven't done anything yet, like even posting to a forum topic or posting a reply. Those are the people we would really want to get engaged in addition to our retention efforts for everyone else. :)

Sorry for the long post! Great to see activity in our team - makes it very fun to be a part of! :)
-Noble

efgodlike

Vetted Officer
Mar 11, 2015
Lakeland, FL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
[MENTION=50145]NobleLion[/MENTION]

I would love to see this happen BUT, As this would take recording each individual members log in status it would be almost impossible for use to do having 1,500 active members at a time. Say IF kirbz was able to create this and implement it, it would constantly break with having so much activity! Also it would be easy to cheat just by changing your clock to the next day causing problems that we could not track. Then with us rewarding them if they do hit the amount of days for their reward we would have to make a whole team just for rewarding them. It sounds good in theory to keep retention but mainly most people would just open the site for the reward then close it out! So what I will do is tag [MENTION=51]Kirbz[/MENTION] here see if he thinks it is possible. I love your thought process though and I am sure you will make some great ideas :D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)