Season 1 - 2018 - Map Pool update | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Season 1 - 2018 - Map Pool update (1 Viewer)

So Blizzard have announced their new maps for season 1 of 2018.

Abiogenesis LE:

TRF4YK8EB8I31515797222826.jpg

Acid Planet LE:

FFDIWAAQO3Z31515797223147.jpg

Backwater LE

DOCRV9Z220LZ1515797223260.jpg

Eastwatch LE:

09R3EQ20XR8B1515797223762.jpg

The new map pool for the season will be as follows; (added note; for anyone who has signed up for FSL Feburary, please note that this will be the map pool for it, i'll update the tournament rules thread to reflect this

Abiogenesis LE
Backwater LE
Acid Plant LE
Eastwatch LE
Blackpink LE
Neon Violet Square LE
Catalyst LE

Meaning that; Abyssal Reef, Odyseey, Ascension To Auir and Battle on the Broadwalk will be removed from the ladder pool.

In addition Blizzard are adding a single new map to 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 each.

My thoughts; for the most part I like the look of these new maps, however. Acid Planet has a position where a Terran could siege up and potentially shut down mining at your natural, so I may veto Acid Planet personally.

Abiogenesis and Backwater both look like fairly standard maps so i'm happy with those, opinions may change after playing them.

And lastly, I think Eastwatch has some potential for some interesting games and some turtley games too with the large number of destructible tower rocks on the map.

okto

Clan Member
Dec 28, 2017
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
For anyone playing Terran, I recommend the following vetoes:

Neon Violet Square LE - this is a large map with a backdoor 3rd so unless you are mid-high diamond + you are probably going to have trouble beating zerg and protoss opponents on this map because they will fast tech you into the ground

Backwater LE - no ramp at natural with a backdoor 3rd, this map will be heavily zerg favored, if you decide to play this map I recommend tanking their 3rd and using the trees as cover

Eastwatch - map is weird with many attack paths, not necessary to veto but I recommend it

--------------------

Also if you are zerg veto abiogenesis cause mech will wreck you, this is the most mech favored map I've seen since Steppes of War in WoL

Duplicity61385

Clan Member
Jan 26, 2018
Clan Rank
Private First Class
Pvt First Class
I'm loving these new maps so far. Abiogenesis LE is by far my favorite map. It reminds me of steps of war from WoL. Love it.

Astra

Clan Member
Apr 21, 2017
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
[MENTION=86704]Duplicity61385[/MENTION]
Yeah you definitely love it. RIP my drones/probes.

I'm loving these new maps so far. Abiogenesis LE is by far my favorite map. It reminds me of steps of war from WoL. Love it.
[MENTION=86704]Duplicity61385[/MENTION]
Yeah you definitely love it. RIP my drones/probes.
I think I might add Abiogenesis to my vetos tbh. xD

CoyRon

Jan 27, 2018
I don't like Eastwatch one bit. I was going to veto this one even if it wasn't bad in general. It just doesn't suit my playstyle one bit.

Maxshinkax

Clan Member
Nov 29, 2017
My house
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Oh I haven't played since the end of the past season, I think I'm going to try out the maps today and look for some random strat with the terrain or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)