Rice Flour (・ヘ・?) (1 Viewer)

Kazcka

Non-Member
Mar 16, 2017
Hi! Does anyone know about great recipes for bread or sweets with rice flour?

i'm new about it, and i been searching for quite some recipes, but i don't really know which one to trust, it would be great to read your opinion and experiences about it :single_eye:

Dismayven

Clan Member
Aug 29, 2017
Clan Rank
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
I have celiac disease and we (my wife and I) have been trying lots of gluten free(GF) flours and making lots of breads. They all turn out pretty dense and heavy, but I have a few we like. I can get them from my wife if you are interested!

darkset

Clan Member
Aug 31, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
really the best way to learn what type of rice dough you will like is to just use the hand full of darts method just keep trying till you narrow down what you like.

Linessah

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
NC
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Pinterest is a huge source of stuff like that - and then it's a matter of trial and error.

Culinarily speaking - you're going to have greater success with things that use a batter over an actual dough (i.e. breads) - because a bread's structure as we know it is thanks to the development of the gluten network to trap the gasses released through the baking process. However, batters (that are more liquid than flour), rely on the use of leavening agents (baking soda/baking powder) to generate the gas in large quantity and then it is trapped as the batter cooks. This also explains the general difference between the holes you'd find in say... a baguette, compared to a muffin. :)

Tabby

May 16, 2019
The only dough recipe I can suggest is this one, goes well with pizza, but I'm okay with that. It should be good to make bread too, I think. Anyway, as I said, I tested it with cajun pizza mostly, yummy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)