Closed: Recent Threads Section (1 Viewer)

yunk

Non-Member
Sep 6, 2015
Oregon
Hey, guys.

Sometime in the last few months, the forum section that a post was in stopped showing up on the "Recent Threads" part of the home page. Is this intended, or is there some way to turn it back on. It was nice to see at a glance what each post was in reference to.

Thanks,
yunk

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Hey there [MENTION=54964]yunk[/MENTION].
Honestly I don't know what exactly you mean... maybe I haven't used it, wasn't attentive enough or simply forgot it because of the long timeframe.
We obviously have a "New Posts" function, didn't know a similar thing was there for "New threads" or similar.
Anyway, probably [MENTION=35019]Mizu[/MENTION] knows more about this.

yunk

Non-Member
Sep 6, 2015
Oregon
Here is an idea of what I mean. This is my dashboard page:

Capture.jpg

Before, each of these posts also said which section of the forums it was posted in. This was pretty handy if you wanted to see what people were talking about at a glance.

Thanks!

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
[MENTION=54964]yunk[/MENTION]
Ah, now I'm getting it. Yeah, that's right, there were some changes on this.
Don't know the purpose behind this but maybe [MENTION=1]Bogo[/MENTION] can say something about it.

Vex

Vetted Officer
Jan 14, 2015
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
[MENTION=35019]Mizu[/MENTION]: Did you ever figure anything out about this? If not just a tag because i have no idea the reasoning behind this

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
[MENTION=46290]Vex[/MENTION]
We removed somehow the display of the section where a new post was made from the home screen here: http://feverclan.com/forums/homepage.php
I'm pretty sure it was there some time ago.
That said, it's working when using the "New Posts"-function in the forums (not the homepage). Didn't payed much attention to it because usually I'm using the second option.

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
[MENTION=35019]Mizu[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]Bogo[/MENTION]
Something on this? Will let it stay open till Sunday.

Bogo

Clan Leader
Apr 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Clan Founder
Clan Founder
There is an option called Customize this page, above the Featured Polls, on the right side. It will allow you to move any of the boxes around.

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
[MENTION=1]Bogo[/MENTION]
I don't think [MENTION=54964]yunk[/MENTION] is refering to that function. He means the visible columns on the "recent posts"-part: Currently we have "Title, Username, & Date","Last Post","Replies","Views". Some time ago we could also see the subforum where it was posted. This is gone now for quite some time. Don't know if there's a purpose for this or a different option to turn that on.

yunk

Non-Member
Sep 6, 2015
Oregon
[MENTION=50355]Gyorn[/MENTION] That's exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for helping clear it up. I thought it was a really nice feature, but it's not particularly necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)