Ranked Frustration (1 Viewer)

Yabet

Clan Member
May 6, 2017
Minnesota
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
Let me start by saying I am not a pro at this game. I am good enough to usually do my job pretty well (we all have bad games) but won’t cost us the match. That being said I am not good enough to carry other players.

I understand the game and how to play it. How to draft and usually the current meta. It always seems like there is one person that always costs us the game. It seems like in low level play all people want to do it team fight, even if they are down a person or two. Always that one person that leads the team in hero damage but always has twelve deaths compared to my 2.

It’s just extremely frustrating. End of rant

Etrigahn

Vetted Officer
Apr 20, 2017
Nanaimo, B.C.
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
All you can really do is try your best! Remember we play games to have fun! Otherwise they wouldn't be games! If you ever feel yourself getting frustrated it's always better to take a break or do something else than to let yourself get tilted or frustrated.

Maybe try team league? I know quite a few people in the HOTS community enjoy team league! :)

kaynark

Non-Member
Apr 18, 2017
As a bonus those players are also the ones that draft who they want, not what the team needs, tells everyone that they are a horrible player when they are the player feeding the other team.

CatterinaLily

Clan Member
Jun 11, 2017
Clan Rank
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
I wish HotS had a better tier system. Like maybe have levels one through twenty (?), twenty-one through forty, and so on. That way you're grouped with people in a similar skill set. I mean, if you can choose the level of the AI facing you then it'd be nice to be able to also customize the non-AI members you're playing with. I'm only level 7 and 12 games in, but every single time I've gotten placed into teams with the other four being like fifty levels above me at minimum. It gets frustrating when you're trying to still figure out which hero works for you, etc. and (you're worried that) you're ruining the stats and strategy of everyone else. ><;; And I'm sure my teammates don't appreciate me dying every two minutes (either from my own mistakes or from getting ambushed from like 4 heroes at once.)

proteggiore

Clan Officer
May 4, 2015
Clan Rank
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
I wish HotS had a better tier system. Like maybe have levels one through twenty (?), twenty-one through forty, and so on. That way you're grouped with people in a similar skill set. I mean, if you can choose the level of the AI facing you then it'd be nice to be able to also customize the non-AI members you're playing with. I'm only level 7 and 12 games in, but every single time I've gotten placed into teams with the other four being like fifty levels above me at minimum. It gets frustrating when you're trying to still figure out which hero works for you, etc. and (you're worried that) you're ruining the stats and strategy of everyone else. ><;; And I'm sure my teammates don't appreciate me dying every two minutes (either from my own mistakes or from getting ambushed from like 4 heroes at once.)
More like dying every 2 and a half minutes :beatdeadhorse:

Neo809

Non-Member
Aug 31, 2016
Its just a matter of playing with your comfortable hero. Yeah sure you may need to fill from time to time. And that is why having a variety of choices is such a plus in this game. While drafting its important to counterpick, if you are not the one ho bans just make sure your pick helps your current draft counterpick ur opponent.
Very important and im sure this applies to all mobas, never get salty with your team that just opens up a HUGEEEEEE can of worms :)
I play a lot of competive HL and TL, any pointers u want on any hero or play style, feel free to message me.
Always glad to help ^.^

Yabet

Clan Member
May 6, 2017
Minnesota
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I think being flexible has really started to pay off. While not out of wood league yet, I'm pretty close. I try to play at least one of each class. I'm decent at Lunara, Chromie, Dhaka, Muradin and Malf. I excel when I play as Naz, Anub and have recently found out Auriel. While I sucked on her for a while she just recently clicked for me and I've gotten pretty damn good.

What I've seen you need to break your teammates as feeling the need to team fight constantly. Gank when you can but at the lower leagues being able to out marco the other teams will lead to a win.

Rokmo

Clan Member
Mar 28, 2017
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I recommend trying to climb as an assassin. If you are better than your current league, assassins are really the only way to go IMO. I recommend using Naz, as you mentioned on maps that tend to last a long while. Being good with Zeratul could also help turn the tide as you can capitalize on the other team's mistakes.

TirusR

Vetted Officer
Apr 6, 2017
West Virgina (Shutter)
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Always that one person that leads the team in hero damage but always has twelve deaths compared to my 2.
#Iamthatguy

It's why I don't play ranked XP I get too focused on getting kills or w/e. It's funny because I main support champs usually.

AppleJack

Vetted Officer
Dec 29, 2012
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Hey man! I'm a plat 2 player and I'm not sure what rank you're at and I know there are many people here probably ranked higher than me but it's safe to say that regardless of which elo you're in you're going to have trolls, bad (probably boosted or just lucky in placements) players, or people just having a bad game. I have two steps of advice that have helped me tremendously in my hots climbing experience and these are kinda universal in MOBAs but I found them especially useful in hots.

1) Be the leader.

Chances are if you're below diamond, most people are just sheep and follow other peoples shotcalls and when there are no shotcalls they just assume the match is a TDM or Free for all. Learn when to ping objectives, lane pressure, camps, missing enemies, bosses, and picks. That 0/0/6 zagara top lane that keeps dying because she's pushing nonstop and won't watch the map for ganks, ping her away if there's nobody else on the map. You have to be her big brother per se. All of this comes with practice and watching a guide or two doesn't hurt either.

2) Don't tilt and ignore those that do.

I cannot emphasize how important this one is. I can't think of how many games we came back from a 4 even 5 level deficit because our team stayed levelheaded while theirs had no idea how to close the game out so they kept throwing and getting picked giving us level 16 eventually in which case it's anyone's game. Below diamond EVERY TEAM WILL THROW A LOT which means a game is never dictated in either the first few minutes when their team is 4-0 or when one kid gets caught and your frustrated genii types "gg" at 7 mins in. If this happens, mute the genii and try to give sole positive morale. A trick I've found is to make some sentence that really doesn't make sense in the short run but sounds sophisticated and gives credibility. Example "we may be down a little but if anub is able to cocoon auriel while I take camps bot and Johanna lands a blind on valla while tychus melts their frontline there's literally no way we can lose this game, just keep our heads together". Small stuff like that can really prevent a lot of frustration from small mistakes on your teams part and your own (you will make mistakes too). Also I wish I had a statistic but I never took the time to do it: I would say I've won over 75% of my games where nobody was ever toxic or I muted a player that was and won <15% where the entire team was toxic and just spewing shit at each other "uninstall, kys" you know the regular.

I hope this helps man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VAPOR33 League of Legends 5