Closed: - R.A.T 7 Mouse | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Closed: R.A.T 7 Mouse (1 Viewer)

EMOChicken

Vetted Officer
May 17, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
so im looking at getting a new mouse and my roommate told me about the rat 7 mouse so i looked into it and it look sick as hell. any1 have any thoughts about it i have looked at many reviews and they are all over the place. so i need your help.

Sura

Vetted Officer
Jan 13, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
The Rat 7 is a good mouse. The whole point of it is that you can customise it to how you want it to feel. If you want wireless, you can go with the Rat 9 - the same as the Rat 7, but wireless. The thing is though, if you don't need this customisability from your mouse, you can pick up something cheaper.
Do you have a budget in mind? What do you need from your mouse?

Plasticjesus

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Seattle WA
I have not personally heard of it but I have used The Death Adder and the lachies I highly reccomend either.

clobber1967

Jun 24, 2012
Kansas
I use both the death adder and the logitech G500. so far I like the feel of the G500 more than the death adder and you can customize the weight and record your mouse prophiles on the internal memory allowing you to use your mouse on any computer without having to re-map your mouse buttons. The Rat 7 is a beast however and if your buget allows it I'm sure you would not be dispointed. The reviews I read on it a year ago made my mouth water. If you do get the Rat 7 please let us all know your personal experience with it. I havent met anyone who has it yet.

EMOChicken

Vetted Officer
May 17, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
i think i will pick it up i dont have a budget in mind so i think its a win win for me.

its ordered and on it way i will tell you how it is.

Last edited:

DrinkingWhiskey

Retired Co-Leader
Mar 1, 2009
Clan Rank
Retired Member
I think [MENTION=39]yoda[/MENTION] has it, forgot though. [MENTION=130]Agent38ddd[/MENTION] will probably have at least held onto one before as well

A

Agent38ddd

I owned the RAT 7 for a while, then sold it to a guy I worked with -- great mouse. I was still a slave to a mouse with horizontal scrolling at the time, so it didn't work for me. I'll probably pick up another one, as it was really nice. They give you a couple palm rests to work with, couple different pinkie rests, all of which have different grip surfaces -- very nice. The best thing I like is the ability to adjust the width of the mouse (done by changing the angle of the thumb area). Everybody knows that I like mice (kind of addicted to them), but I always end up going back to my G9x because of the width (I paid extra for the fat-boy grip, and it's great). I used to be really big on the extra weights you could add to the mice, but I empty them out now, like them lightweight. Overall, the RAT 7 is a great mouse. Expensive, but it won't disappoint. For fun, here's a list of the mice I currently own/have owned:

Logitech G700 -- great buttons, overall weight, zero lag, but the area where your fingers come together is REALLY narrow

Logitech G7 ---- classic Logitech mouse shape, nice whole scroll wheel (good for mapping keystrokes to the left/right scroll, where I put my grenades), 2 batteries, so you can swap quickly when the other dies, but I've had it for a few years, and it doesn't feel nearly as accurate in games anymore

Logitech G9x --- multiple grips (something for everybody), short mouse for small hands/claw grips, because of the shortness of the mouse-base, BOTH thumb buttons are really easy to reach

Logitech G500 --classic Logitech shape, surprisingly easy to use third mappable thumb button, horizontal scroll wheel, has the cool free-flowing scroll wheel (has the button for it on top of the mouse where it's easy to get to, unlike the G9X..where it's on the...bottom), if you are happy with the DPI being left at a single setting, then you can actually map the DPI buttons to keystrokes, has a nice weight system

Logitech MX518 - classic Logitech shape, feels similar to a G5/G500, but lacks the horizontal scroll, lower DPI (3200 is plenty for most), great bang for the buck

Logitech G5 -- similar to the MX518/G500, has a very low profile middle click that makes horizontal scroll mapping buttons tough to hit -- but great for a middle-click. Mine died for no particular reason after I had it for just over a year

Microsoft X8 ---- great vertically opposed thumb buttons, zero lag for wireless, horizontal scroll wheel, weird rear-end that doesn't always feel right in the palm of your hand, very heavy mouse, the best charging system (very thin magnetic cord that allows charging while using it). I've always liked this mouse, but it just doesn't feel that accurate in gaming, though there's a high chance that it got thrown out of whack when I dropped it...the day I was taking it out of the package. Always tempted to buy a new one and see if it's any better, but they don't come cheap

Microsoft X3 ---- nice bargain, no frills mouse, feels good in the hand, a little on the "smooth side" (not very grippy feeling), ambidextrous, has a thumb button each side that is nearly impossible to hit unless you stop what you're doing, and really stretch the hand to reach for it, I paid $15 for it, so not disappointed

Microsoft Sidewinder/X5 - very similar to the X8, only not wireless -- great mouse for larger hands/palm grips, ALL mice should have the vertically opposed thumb buttons -- they feel PERFECT once you adjust to the idea

Corsair G60 - nice grippy mouse that feels good in the hand, wide scroll wheel (great for middle clicking), unique weight system, all the buttons are easy to hit (DPI, thumb). If you can get this on a deal (mine was $24 after a $20 rebate) -- pretty hard to beat

Steel Series Sensai -- newest mouse in my collection, very lightweight, very precise clicks, DPI up to 11k+, pretty useful preset profiles, blingy lights that you can customize (or turn off), great mouse with easy to hit thumb buttons -- I can see why they are so highly regarded. Slowly working it into my rotation

Coolermaster Spawn - short mouse with 3 preset DPI settings (I like to be able to adjust mine, as the standard 800, 1600, 3200 thing doesn't work for me), near perfect for small hands/claw grips, very lightweight

Razer Deathadder - great shape that's not very tall, low to the ground, optical mouse that allows up to 3200 DPI, software is so customizable for sensitivity settings, that it gets too complicated to use IMO, nice grippy service, very lightweight, very precise clicking

Razer Imperator - shape feels similar to a Logitech G500, adjustable position of thumb buttons, good overall

Mionix Naos 3200 -- great grippy service like the Razer mice, preset DPI selections, ergonomic shape that works well for palm grip, but not so good for claw grip. I couldn't tell the exact shape of the mouse from the reviews/pictures, so I was disappointed when I got it -- but not too badly, as I bought it refurbished for $30

Gigabyte Ghost - good overall shape (really comfortable for either grip style), really high DPI (6k+), kind of confusing to use macro software. You have a horizontal scroll that can be mapped with macros, but not individual keystrokes. I use that horizontal scroll for my grenades, and I like to prime my grenades before I huck them. With macros, you have to program the amount of time you want to hold the button, which sucks when you prime grenades for random times. Not a bad mouse, but I ended up giving it to my bro-in-law

Thermaltake Black - great mouse with a single thumb button, shape is a little off from a Razer Imperator, lightweight for its size

I've owned/own a few others that normal folks wouldn't buy, so I won't list them. Overall, the Logitech mice to everything well, but I feel that their clicking isn't nearly as precise as the Microsoft/Razer mice (kind of mushy in comparison, like Saitek keyboards), they have major customization control over the DPI settings (Microsoft allows 500, 1000, 1500, etc.). A Logitech G500 is probably the best overall mouse for most folks, based on features, cost, shape feel. Mice like the Mionix, G9x, and Spawn are more niche type devices, due to their shape.

When it's all said and done, features liek high DPI, thumb buttons, macros, etc., don't mean anything if the mouse doesn't feel "right" in your hand. Try to physically get your hand on one before you buy -- always the best idea :)

clobber1967

Jun 24, 2012
Kansas
damm agent you are addicted to mice; almost a fetish lol

A

Agent38ddd

yeah, pretty bad. I just think they're cool. The only thing that gets me more bunged up to open is a new mobo :)

yoda

Vetted Officer
Sep 20, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I switched from a deathadder to a RAT 7. It's a great mouse, very solid weight (solid metal base and adjustable weights), almost every part is customizable/adjustable, and I really like the rubber textured grips on the palm and the pinky rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)