Resolved: Quick Replies Double Posting (1 Viewer)

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Just a heads-up, I've done 4 quick replies to threads in the last 24 hours, and each one is double-posting and/or stalling on save.

This is with Win 7 SP1 64-bit using Mozilla Firefox 52.0.1 (64-bit) and Responsive Rain 2.7.

I will provide an update while using another theme to see if that is the cause.

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
UPDATE: Problem still persists with the RR 2.7 theme. I've switched over to the Fever Tron theme, and the double-posting on quick replies doesn't occur.

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
So this post is meant both as test and informational one.

Thanks for reporting this [MENTION=75518]mYth[/MENTION].
I know this issue came back every now and then on the old server however we thought this would be fixed with the move to a better server box.
We'll monitor this for now.

First test: Confirmed issue

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Another test with Responsive Rain 2.0

Second test: Doesn't happen with "Origin theme" for 2.7

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Third test again with Responsive 2.7 to show reproducability:

NOT confirmed, hrmpf.

EDIT: A bit unfortunate, I can't reproduce it for the moment.
As said, will have to monitor this for a bit, [MENTION=75518]mYth[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Arimil

Banned
May 13, 2016
Recovering
This happens to me when there is a lag between me submitting a post and the server actually posting it.
A few things that worked for me was copying the text I wanted to post, refreshing the page and then posting it. Also, you can go preview the post and once you are looking at that, you can submit the post and you should be fine. Again these are just some things I've noticed, it doesn't resolve the problem but its a work around.

[MENTION=50355]Gyorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=75518]mYth[/MENTION]

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
This happens to me when there is a lag between me submitting a post and the server actually posting it.
A few things that worked for me was copying the text I wanted to post, refreshing the page and then posting it. Also, you can go preview the post and once you are looking at that, you can submit the post and you should be fine. Again these are just some things I've noticed, it doesn't resolve the problem but its a work around.

@Gyorn @mYth
[MENTION=68009]Arimil[/MENTION], your right in that respect. Just going into Advanced mode goes around the problem and doesn't double up on the posts. That's the workaround I've been doing since I reported the problem.

EDIT [MENTION=50355]Gyorn[/MENTION], I replicated the problem again with RR 2.7 below, so it's still around. I'll just keep using the workaround until the problem code can be hunted down and fixed. :)

mYth

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2017
Nowhere
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
DOUBLE POST VIA QUICK REPLY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sparkis Resolved 14