Protoss: PvT gate heavy build (1 Viewer)

olevam

Jun 23, 2012
Since I saw an episode of Day 9 which described this build I tried it out, also because I do not like too much robo focused openings.
The main idea is that the protoss player takes an early expand and 5 gate, focusing on sentries before getting up around 6/7 of them and then go push at around 8 minute with lots of zealots. If everything goes at best you take out the expo of the Terran. While you push it is vital to tech up to templars and charge.

Then it goes to a mid game, where you get a third and defend to then add colossi and go into late game.

This build is much less flash out, so i need some more practice on it.

Will edit when it gets more detailed
Any opinions/ suggestions?

Olevam

Lack

Jun 24, 2012
Gothenburg
I have a build for you.

9 pylon (3-4 chronos on probes)
13 gate
15 gas (only2 in gas)
16 pylon
18-19 core
Nexus when you can afford.
Stalker when core finnishes
put one more in gas and grab the second gas.

now you have to scout if he is doing a 1 base or a 2 base.

If he is expanding fast, you can add 2 more gates and chrono on units, sentrys and zlots only. 1 chrono on core warpgate. Send out a probe for proxy after you put down the gates. You should get 1 round of units from gates before wp has finnished. U can stop with sentrys when you have 6-8, you need atleast 7 zlots before attacking.

You will proboby kill him with this push (comes around 7-8 min), if he dont have a huge wall with 3-4 bunkers or has imba micro.

Remember to put forcefields behinde the bunkers and units and pop guradian.

When u are about to attack, u add the teach of our choise, robo/twilight/ double forge or what ever ;)

This is a diffrent style vs getting 6/7 gates and then pump out units. With this build you get units earlyer to defend any 2 rax oppenings.

olevam

Jun 23, 2012
I have a build for you.

9 pylon (3-4 chronos on probes)
13 gate
15 gas (only2 in gas)
16 pylon
18-19 core
Nexus when you can afford.
Stalker when core finnishes
put one more in gas and grab the second gas.

now you have to scout if he is doing a 1 base or a 2 base.

If he is expanding fast, you can add 2 more gates and chrono on units, sentrys and zlots only. 1 chrono on core warpgate. Send out a probe for proxy after you put down the gates. You should get 1 round of units from gates before wp has finnished. U can stop with sentrys when you have 6-8, you need atleast 7 zlots before attacking.

You will proboby kill him with this push (comes around 7-8 min), if he dont have a huge wall with 3-4 bunkers or has imba micro.

Remember to put forcefields behinde the bunkers and units and pop guradian.

When u are about to attack, u add the teach of our choise, robo/twilight/ double forge or what ever ;)

This is a diffrent style vs getting 6/7 gates and then pump out units. With this build you get units earlyer to defend any 2 rax oppenings.
Hey thanks, I'll try it out

Patwan

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
It's a very good BO, but how can we counter this in terran? Look like Imba atm

Ajukrejzi

Vetted Officer
Jul 11, 2011
Norrk�ping, Sweden
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
2-3 bunkers that you split also split units behind and at your bunkers. Scvs ready, try hold out til stim and medivacs finishes. Mostly important you have to scout it so you can make those precautions..

Lack

Jun 24, 2012
Gothenburg
You wall ur natural with 2-3 bunkers and with supply depots infront of them, so that the zlots cant focus the bunkers as easy. And if you scout it, dont tech to medicavs as fast. You will usually lose your natural if you go for medivacs or any teach (tanks can work but it is usually very close).

Skipping marauders and only focusing on marrines is also good, but can hurt you if you dont switch away from them, cuse 1 collosus/ht and gg ;)

ExTDRAGON

Jul 12, 2012
South Africa
[MENTION=293]Lack[/MENTION] i like this BO solid for early pushes then some addons in late game very solid thanx for the tip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)