Pre-made vs. Home-cooked! (1 Viewer)

Do you prefer/rely on pre-made food or fresh and home made?

• Pre-made or pre-package?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WombatCombat

Jan 5, 2013
Alright gentlemen and gentle-ladies. The time has come for the ultimate showdown of ALL TIME! Do you like your food pre-packaged from the freezer aisle, or, are you a fresh-and-homemade kinda person? Let us know why in the comments!

I prefer home cooked meals, because I like to experiment in the kitchen and cook as often as possible.

Clinic

Jan 28, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
The only time I would rather have something pre-made is if it is something that is so time consuming and is such a pain in the ass that I don't want to have to make it.

Other than that I would probably rather make food in the kitchen myself (or better yet, have someone make it for me!)

Demosthenes

Dec 18, 2012
Home-made, no contest.

WombatCombat

Jan 5, 2013
You know, I thought there would be some people who prefer fast food and the like bcause they can't cook, don't have time, etc. But I think there was folly in that logic... Lol.

Clinic

Jan 28, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
You know, I thought there would be some people who prefer fast food and the like bcause they can't cook, don't have time, etc. But I think there was folly in that logic... Lol.
Anyone in a Gaming forum that is looking at the Food Section probably likes cooking. People that can't cook (in my experience) generally view food as fuel and probably don't care what they eat or where it comes from.

WombatCombat

Jan 5, 2013
Anyone in a Gaming forum that is looking at the Food Section probably likes cooking. People that can't cook (in my experience) generally view food as fuel and probably don't care what they eat or where it comes from.
Indeed...

Grandpa

Vetted Officer
Jul 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Kind of on accident, my wife and I started making a lot more of our own food. We were trying to find ways to cut our grocery budget and found a few smaller market type stores that have very reasonable vegetables and fruit.

This works for us mostly because my wife is a stay at home mom, I don't think we could pull it off nearly as consistently if we both worked full days and came home tired from work.

Xianda

Jun 24, 2012
as a student short on money and the fact that i can make a dish with lets say a tomato sauce served with pasta and make it into a tomato soup with bread the next day makes the difference for me.

Clinic

Jan 28, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Kind of on accident, my wife and I started making a lot more of our own food. We were trying to find ways to cut our grocery budget and found a few smaller market type stores that have very reasonable vegetables and fruit.

This works for us mostly because my wife is a stay at home mom, I don't think we could pull it off nearly as consistently if we both worked full days and came home tired from work.
That is what my girlfriend and I do.

We wanted to trim our grocery spending down some, so we starting making a weekly menu and only purchased what we needed (+ whatever minor things we think we can't live without...I love Funyins *sp). We cook everything we eat, which is probably relatively healthier due to how little processed crap we eat. We also cut our grocery bill in roughly half.

Win win.

**Edit**

And I see you are a fellow Phoenix area member! Gotta love that rain today!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nolifer_Tona Guess what i made on the weekend? Food Section 13
kaseibp Home brewing Food Section 3