Poor GameStop Experience with WoW Legion (1 Viewer)

PerfectEnigma

Vetted Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I pre-ordered the collectors edition of WoW Legion. I was called today and told my game had arrived. I went in tonight to get my game and was told they ran out of copies. I was told that they could order a copy of the collectors edition off of their site. I choose this option. When I asked how long it would take for my game to arrive they told me it would be between Sept 6 - 13. Legion comes out on Aug 30th! I pre-ordered my game so I should have it then! They told me I could select the faster shipping option but I would have to pay more. I told her they should give me that option for free because of their mistake. She told me that she was not allowed to do that but she could give me 15-20% off of any game in the store. I asked her if she could give me 15-20% off of that game and she told me she could not. Why would I want to buy more stuff from GameStop if they cannot even get the one thing correct? Oh I looked at my receipt and noticed I was still charged $6.49 for the slow shipping when I got home. I am not mad at this girl I understand she is a peon and did nothing wrong. However, there has got to be something a manager or someone higher up can do for me and give me the fastest shipping possible. I don't want 15-20% off of another game. The only way they can right this wrong is give me the fastest shipping possible for free. I will be calling tomorrow to ask to speak to a manager and work my way up the chain until I find someone that can do something. I am soooo mad right now!

Cornerstone

Clan Member
Jun 3, 2016
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Sorry to hear it. What a nightmare. I expect talking to the manager should work. You have a good case.

Watamote

Non-Member
Aug 27, 2016
Florida
Gamestop tends to have a really bad reputation. Everyone I know who has worked there has told me it is the worst job they've ever had. They follow the example of stores like Walmart where a handful of suits come up with all kinds of whacked-out rules and ideas for their stores that they never even visit. It all sounds good on paper but they're not the ones who have to deal with irate customers. As with anywhere, always be patient with service employees. 99% of the time there's nothing they can do about the problem, and they don't make the rules.

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Damn crap, sums up my own experience with GameStop here in Germany.

I'm happy in such examples to have our "Distance Selling Act" in place that basically means - if you're paying somewhat online, you've 14 days to resign from your bought - after receiving your good. The real only exceptions are obviously personalized things.

Requ1em

Vetted Officer
Apr 16, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Gamestop tends to have a really bad reputation. Everyone I know who has worked there has told me it is the worst job they've ever had. They follow the example of stores like Walmart where a handful of suits come up with all kinds of whacked-out rules and ideas for their stores that they never even visit. It all sounds good on paper but they're not the ones who have to deal with irate customers. As with anywhere, always be patient with service employees. 99% of the time there's nothing they can do about the problem, and they don't make the rules.
Here locally where I live Gamestop became so bad that Wal-Mart actually became the gamer's first choice for pre-orders and holds true to this day.

Worggy

May 19, 2016
I pre-ordered the collectors edition of WoW Legion. I was called today and told my game had arrived. I went in tonight to get my game and was told they ran out of copies. I was told that they could order a copy of the collectors edition off of their site. I choose this option. When I asked how long it would take for my game to arrive they told me it would be between Sept 6 - 13. Legion comes out on Aug 30th! I pre-ordered my game so I should have it then! They told me I could select the faster shipping option but I would have to pay more. I told her they should give me that option for free because of their mistake. She told me that she was not allowed to do that but she could give me 15-20% off of any game in the store. I asked her if she could give me 15-20% off of that game and she told me she could not. Why would I want to buy more stuff from GameStop if they cannot even get the one thing correct? Oh I looked at my receipt and noticed I was still charged $6.49 for the slow shipping when I got home. I am not mad at this girl I understand she is a peon and did nothing wrong. However, there has got to be something a manager or someone higher up can do for me and give me the fastest shipping possible. I don't want 15-20% off of another game. The only way they can right this wrong is give me the fastest shipping possible for free. I will be calling tomorrow to ask to speak to a manager and work my way up the chain until I find someone that can do something. I am soooo mad right now!
Well Gamestop made a mistake with me more on a positive side we ordered a really nice headset from there. We waited for well past when it should had been here. So we call them and they correct the problem we get the head set a few days later. Then funny part a few days later another set arrived but only paid for one.

But I try and stick to only online purchases mainly because I hate 99% of the people out there. So its safer for them if I dont go out. But a manager would have the right to waive that im sure. If not there is someone in the company that can. You bought a preorder not a come in 2 weeks late order. If you dont get what you want email the corporate office.

GameStop Corporate Office Address

GameStop Corporation
625 Westport Pkwy
Grapevine, TX 76051
Contact GameStop

Phone Number: (817) 424-2000
Fax Number: (817) 424-2002
Website: Video Games, Consoles, Collectibles and VR | GameStop
Email: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/con...7&sourceID=TnL5HPStwNw-lntgDsPD5.UP3SyjRTSZbw
Executives

CEO: J. Paul Raines
CFO: Robert A. Lloyd
COO: Daniel A. Dematteo

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General
Well thats good you will follow through with a call up . Im sure some people would accept it ,but its the company fail and the stores fault that they couldnt meet your purchase. Pre orders are what they should get ,and if not then they should of known that they couldnt meet demand. There should be some compensation ,even now with them adding that low shipping.

Honestly ive never had trouble and a lot of these experiences happen depending on the stores.

Chaka

Feb 25, 2016
Fresno, California, USA
I've never had any issues with GameStop. All of the employees I've met are great people, very knowledgable about a lot of things, most of them have such a wide variety of game experience that they could tell you so much more than you could learn from trying yourself. I'm sorry this happened, but usually when this happens to me, the store manager calls another location and tries to find an extra copy of whatever it is. About 8 of 10 times its been alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ladykayden Battle Pet Experience Bonus Weekend! Until Sept 28 World of Warcraft 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)