Pools of Experience, and why you should love them! (1 Viewer)

Zahbo

Vetted Officer
Feb 8, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I found this quick article online today that talks about Pools of Experience, and their use.

Diablo 3: How to farm Experience Pools & Locations - Troupster.com

For those that are not too familiar with their use outside of leveling, this article touches on some good points.

For high level GRs, most groups will look for pools, or spawn cow levels once they clear GR85s or higher. This is a great tool to help maximize Paragon points. I have come across players that were using "Cow Sticks" simply as a way to gather crafting mats. Far more valuable for Paragon points.

Anyway, enjoy the read. Its fast, and doesn't drill down on a lot of its points, but does have some good initial info.

Smoke20

Non-Member
Oct 29, 2016
For those wanting just a bit more it never hurts to check Act 1 (Cemetary, Leorics, and the Start area of S. Highlands) when youre just doing some GR's..that 25% is that, its extra to help farm out some paragon.....But if youre not doing it every time on GR75+ in solo or groups....youre missing out on some large pools of xp.

Linessah

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
NC
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I will add this to our guides directory tomorrow. It is handy information to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hosdos

Clan Member
Feb 27, 2017
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Very useful, thank you for sharing! :)

Gizmo256

Clan Leader
Dec 17, 2016
Decatur, AL
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
That's very useful...I wasn't sure how many times they'd stack; good to know 10 is the number. Anytime I would pass one, running bounties or rifts, I would be sure to stop to use it. I may have to do a pool run before running GRs from now on. Thanks for sharing!

DaveQ

Vetted Officer
Feb 25, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Personally I'll bang out Pools for 75+ because it makes a difference even there. That 2 or 3 billion starts to eat away at your xp points rather quickly. The only drawback is if you're doing speedruns the time taken hunting them down may not always be worth the time.

Last edited:

Linessah

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
NC
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Personally I'll bang out Pools for 75+ because it makes a difference even there. That 2 or 3 billion starts to eat away at your xp points rather quickly. The only drawback is if you're doing speedruns the time taken hunting them down may not always be worth the time.
Which is why people usually do "cow sticks" or bovine bardiches - they can have 2 per, which means 1 for each run. Since barbs get these like candy, they will typically have them available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)