Political Discussion | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Political Discussion (1 Viewer)

oblivion35

Jun 24, 2012
So I assume we all agree that this is how presidential elections go?
[video=youtube;WcMWnNcOxg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMWnNcOxg4&feature=plcp[/video]

Jester

Jun 23, 2012
US
Yep.

"So Mr. _________, what is your plan to right the economic downturn?"

"My plan is simple. Create jobs. My opponent hates job creation. He says the economy is fine. Or he outsources them."

Every single question is a chance to disparage the other guy. I hate the politics of today.

And by the way, don't believe either candidate when he says he is going to create jobs. You don't just march down to Jobland and create jobs. It doesn't work that way. And neither does bringing jobs back from overseas, unfortunately.

solomon

Jun 24, 2012
Amelia, Ohio (United States)
So I assume we all agree that this is how presidential elections go?
[video=youtube;WcMWnNcOxg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcMWnNcOxg4&feature=plcp[/video]
Yes. Very unfortunately, but yes.

Yep.

"My plan is simple. Create jobs. My opponent hates job creation. He says the economy is fine. Or he outsources them."

Every single question is a chance to disparage the other guy. I hate the politics of today.

And by the way, don't believe either candidate when he says he is going to create jobs. You don't just march down to Jobland and create jobs. It doesn't work that way. And neither does bringing jobs back from overseas, unfortunately.
I actually prefer commercials and what not that are about what each candidate WANTS and how they plan to go about it rather than attack ads about the other candidate. Unfortunately, about 99% of all advertisements these days are attack ads. They're "More effective" because people only care about the past of the candidates, they don't want to hear what they say for themselves. STUPID 'MERICA! Y U SO SUPERFICIAL AND DUMB?!

Jester

Jun 23, 2012
US
Yes. Very unfortunately, but yes.

I actually prefer commercials and what not that are about what each candidate WANTS and how they plan to go about it rather than attack ads about the other candidate. Unfortunately, about 99% of all advertisements these days are attack ads. They're "More effective" because people only care about the past of the candidates, they don't want to hear what they say for themselves. STUPID 'MERICA! Y U SO SUPERFICIAL AND DUMB?!
They are cheaper and easier to do as well. It's much easier to attack the other person than it is to come up with a strategy for bringing more money to schools, or relaying the foundation for a strong job market etc.

Ekaitz

Non-Member
Sep 13, 2012
Not only in the USA. If you watch european debates it's pretty much the same. There are only a few topics that can be "debated" and that do not offend the economic model, and a vast part of the discussion goes around foreign policies, nationalism and national security/sovereignty. Therefor, it's about jobs and evil separatists in Spain, jobs and immigration in France, jobs and how to better rule Europe for the HRE... errr, I mean Germany, and so on. :D

Rage487

Vetted Officer
Jul 21, 2011
Georgia
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Yep.

It helps when you don't hire a bunch of Chinese to do work that Americans needed to do themselves. That was just dumb.

Jester

Jun 23, 2012
US
It helps when you don't hire a bunch of Chinese to do work that Americans needed to do themselves. That was just dumb.
Except government doesn't control that. More importantly, reinstating those jobs back in the US would devastate the supply chain equilibrium. It sucks hard, but trying to fix it would eradicate the global economy. The best fix is to just hope future jobs remain in the States.

-Sent from my iPhone 4s by shouting vehemently-

Nordis

Non-Member
Jun 28, 2012
Charlotte NC
[MENTION=292]Rage487[/MENTION]

Not to mention the idea that the United States should have "free trade" and "keep jobs within the country" are conflicting interests. (we don't need to keep the old jobs that the United States had in the past, and old industries that other countries can fuel better than us. We need to have a work force that is mobile and can create or move to industries that are more geared towards our strengths.)

We can either have free trade, and watch as our manufacturing jobs get outsourced because of free competition as the low wage job sector is and should not be our major focus. Or we can keep jobs within the country by having tariffs and stringent trade agreements.

Our work force has to be focused on our strengthens, which currently are information technology, and the service sector. And I also should mention the private contractor companies, along with the domestic gov't programs. Our country just doesn't have the neccessary factors to have a competitive general manufacturing sector.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)