Closed: PC doesn't want to post (1 Viewer)

WhiteWolf

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Sorry for the lack of light !

my old PC doesn't want to post right at first but does at the 20th start up

does this every time i turn it on.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqwTOPGmERk[/youtube]

AMD Athlon 64x2 4600+
ASUS motherboard
3x1GB DDr2 667
200GB Hard drive
Windows XP Pro

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Even an HP has the option to reset the bios.

Unplug your computer, Open your case, remove the cmos battery for 30 seconds, replace it, then try again to force a reset on the bios.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

JansoriHajima

Non-Member
Apr 12, 2011
You can reset your BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, or there should be a pin-jumper on the MOBO that you can use(read your MOBO manual). Mine didn't post about a month ago..turns out my MOBO was bad :(

Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Thanks for letting him know of other ways to reset it guys. totally forgot to check back here. I kind of doubt it'll solve the issue but it'll eliminate a bios problem

Sent from my Pikachu Pokewalker

A

Agent38ddd

I'd be surprised if any of these thing will work, but it's good basic troubleshooting. 20 times to post, huh? I'd strip the machine down to bare essentials (mobo/proc/single stick of RAM/PSU), see what happens then. Especially check the board for scorch marks/popped caps. I'm assuming there isn't a series of LEDs, or a numeric post code checker, on the mobo? If there is, take a look at the code (or LED pattern) and refer to your mobo manual. When you strip things down (if you actually do this) make sure the RAM is known good working (or at least try all of your sticks if the issue persists). If you are able to post properly stripping things down, add pieces back in one at a time, until it displays the same symptoms it showed before -- there's your culprit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)