Updates: Path of Exile Awakening results (1 Viewer)

Blazemost

Retired
Oct 6, 2012
Washington
Clan Rank
Retired Member
The upcoming expansion(which was worked on since 2013) has a list of information released so far that was released from GGG. A list of all the changes can be found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/32519n/the_awakening_hype_thread_compendium/

Changes include socketed jewels and slots for them in the tree, new unique, new gems, act 4 images and also a few new weapons.

I for one am glad the original skill tree didn't get tweaked so much. Builds created already should mildly be affected in terms of progression.

Blazemost

Retired
Oct 6, 2012
Washington
Clan Rank
Retired Member
did they annouce when they're finally releasing [MENTION=4862]Blazemost[/MENTION]
Closed Beta starts 20th of April, signups are available.

Release dates are up in the air, mostly based on the balance results they obtain from the closed beta.

Edit1: The 13 minute video presenting this information had Chris Wilson say that they beta will last about 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:

RIPRODIGY

Non-Member
Apr 9, 2015
I've posted my IGN to the correct forums in order to be added to the POE guild, I would really like to be able to contribute to our POE community. I have quite a few friends I regularly play with, that I could convince to join us. I have a lot of items sitting around in my stash that would be quite useful from early to mid game. I'm also very into theory crafting if anyone out there is interested in coming up with some new crazy ides. Right now i'm running a ts coc discharger I created myself, even though most of my damage and clear comes from spell damage, I still have a 108k puncture. I'm looking forward to being part of the Act 4 open beta, and would like to play/get to know you guys a bit.

:guns:

Miz Redavni

Non-Member
Mar 2, 2015
Elsewhere
Let me know if they actually fix the de-sync issues. I know they said they have something for this expansion that will fix it. That's the major reason why I don't play anymore.

RIPRODIGY

Non-Member
Apr 9, 2015
If you'd like, depending on what type of graphics card you have I can provide some solutions for desync. I'm not entirely sure what was done but the game runs a lot more smoothly since I started playing again. On top of whatever they did, I made a few changes in my Nvidia control panel that more than doubled my fps. I run a cast on crit discharger so I had to make a lot of changes in order to save my gpu's life. If messing with your graphics settings isn't your thing, you can set up a /oos macro which instantly resyncs you with the server.(I bind mine to my side mouse for situations like boxes+rogue exiles) Just in case I start to desync.

Blazemost

Retired
Oct 6, 2012
Washington
Clan Rank
Retired Member
I don't see a point in playing in a clan right now as not many long-term players are play PoE, just adding people to the friends list is a more convenient solution.

I've been playing for the past few months whenever I have time off work.

RIPRODIGY

Non-Member
Apr 9, 2015
At any rate I play very often and I'm willing to help anyone out there with anything.

Last edited:

Blazemost

Retired
Oct 6, 2012
Washington
Clan Rank
Retired Member
If you have a decent layer of defense plus a secondary defense desync shouldn't affect your play. You have to pretty much rambo to die, otherwise your build is wrong.

Esdeath

Non-Member
Nov 4, 2013
excited:D cant w8^^

RIPRODIGY

Non-Member
Apr 9, 2015
My build is self made and it's fine, I can solo all 78 maps with every mod except 50% mana/hp regen. It's just that with desync being fixed more players will be drawn back to the game. I am constantly on and have a good group of players to map with right now, all i need to finish my build is the atziri's acuity gloves.(They're 150 ex so I need to save a bit more)

Asperous

Clan Member
Feb 17, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I'm signed up! Excited, I'm really looking forward to this!

Tr4xX

Clan Member
May 10, 2015
BC Canada
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
With the addition of lockstep and the new server locations.. 27ms to cali and act 4 the game is freaking amazing. I won't be going back to D3. I'm just about to hit 60 on beta and running an ice crash build ( so fun ) I have face breakers sitting in my bags but still need the helm and waist, belly of the beast chest would be nice too heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)