Overwatch Kills Paladins (1 Viewer)

Xev

May 12, 2015
Played both Paladins and Overwatch...

HiRez's Paladins is a small app-like game compared to Blizzard's Overwatch.

Synfull

Vetted Officer
Dec 19, 2015
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Yeah, I remember trying the Paladins beta after playing Overwatch Beta and was over it in like 5 mins.

Zennithe

Non-Member
Mar 29, 2016
The game itself isn't half bad, but the timing of its release was quite inconvenient since the demand for overwatch just overshadowed it.

RedHill

Clan Member
Mar 7, 2014
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
I've played it since the beginning of beta and it was good untill they started to update. To be accurate, they changed some characters so much that it changed the game completely and kiled the all fun for me at least. After that I uninstalled the game and few weeks ago I downloaded again, but didn't start it at all. I am too lazy and I really don't believe that game changed on better

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Normally I would say such statements are difficult but giving the updates [MENTION=36580]RedHill[/MENTION] mentioned, I've to go accord with it...

Thrump

Non-Member
Apr 2, 2015
Yea, i wasn't expecting many people to choose Paladin over Overwatch after all the hype it has recieved.

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Well 3 things killed Paladins., imo.

The game WAS half decent, but when it takes 30 updates (on a beta) and you still do not have a finished game, well that tells you something about the development process of that game.

I've played it since the closed beta release and it was enjoyable, but as it was stated, they changed certain characters and certain cards so much (not to mention moving them around from common to legendary, back and forth and back and forth ...) that it stopped being enjoyable to play the game.

Last one would be the fact that if there is one thing Blizzard knows how to do is advertise. It has the money for it, and it has the creative team for it. Unlike Blizzard, Hi-Rez barely advertises. Sure you might see some in-app advertising or some banner online, but Blizzard goes all out with TV Ads, Billboards, etc.
Might just be my browsing habits, but I do not remember seeing more than 2 or 3 websites with advertisements for Paladins, and that was before the closed beta started. After that, I haven't seen anything, and right now it just seems like a project that is going to fail.

triplebruin890

Non-Member
Jun 7, 2015
Right Behind You!
I have also tried Paladins and so far the game is ok.

Luckily the game is still in the beta stage and hopefully all the bad parts of the game will be gone. How long the game is in beta I have no idea.

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I have also tried Paladins and so far the game is ok.

Luckily the game is still in the beta stage and hopefully all the bad parts of the game will be gone. How long the game is in beta I have no idea.
Closed beta started on the 17th of November, so its been in Closed Beta for almost 7 months. Since then it has received 26 updates (not counting hotfixes).

RedHill

Clan Member
Mar 7, 2014
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Constant changing ruined the game! That's the biggest reason why most of the people left the game, including me. It just killed all the fun. Few weeks ago I downloaded the game again, but didn't even started :) I am too lazy and I think that game is dead for now, if they managed to find formula that will satasfy everyone, I will be back :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DiamondHydra More Shooters 24
WetElectronics More Shooters 1
W More Shooters 1