Closed: New video card (1 Viewer)

Ping

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2012
Kansas City
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I just purchased a R9 280x; anyone else got one?

Ping

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2012
Kansas City
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I have a sapphire r9 280x i Love it @Ping ♥

Awesome. I found a Gigabyte R9 280X on e-bay (manufacturer refurb) for $190 so I couldn't resist

I'm planning on exploring some mantle games in the near future and also exploring VCE (Video Coding Engine) for streaming to twitch and also recoding videos later on. Have you played with VCE at all?

Introducing the Video Coding Engine (VCE) | AMD
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-fork-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/

Sly

Vetted Officer
Feb 5, 2014
Britain
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Awesome. I found a Gigabyte R9 280X on e-bay (manufacturer refurb) for $190 so I couldn't resist

I'm planning on exploring some mantle games in the near future and also exploring VCE (Video Coding Engine) Have you played with VCE at all? VCE.... what is Video coding engine.

Aug and his Pricey shit

Ping

Vetted Officer
Jan 20, 2012
Kansas City
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member

I'm planning on exploring some mantle games in the near future and also exploring VCE (Video Coding Engine) Have you played with VCE at all? VCE.... what is Video coding engine.
Aug and his Pricey shit
Yeah no kidding [MENTION=63]Aug[/MENTION] buy me a one to!

Mainly there is an OBS VCE fork out there that I am actively involved in assisting with https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-fork-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996/
Mantle is a bit hyped up, even though new 14.9 drivers (released yesterday) do increase performance.
Performance is nicer as of lately but there are a few things that aren't working perfectly.

VCE is like shadowplay and quicksync only better in some ways; if you are streaming it helps that you dont need to stream at 8000 bitrate to get the quality that x264 (CPU encoding) would at 3000 bitrate.

Anway, VCE is good for streaming, encoding/transcoding assistance with certain apps i.e. windows media player transcoding video to your ipod (lol) or something more professional like local recording (or streaming) of games then encoding or processing the video for editing for youtube, exc.

VCE is awesome yet early if development so take all I say with a grain of bias salt :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)