New player disappointed by pay-walls (1 Viewer)

Sithis

Vetted Officer
Jul 12, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
So I download Runescape and upon opening the map see most of the zones are member only. This is pretty disappointing to a new player unsure of whether I want to buy a membership. Is the game worth paying for a membership? Thanks for your help

amoretpax199

Clan Member
Mar 17, 2014
In the Valley of the Arctic Wolves
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
So I download Runescape and upon opening the map see most of the zones are member only. This is pretty disappointing to a new player unsure of whether I want to buy a membership. Is the game worth paying for a membership? Thanks for your help
Worth every penny and it has been like this for a long time.

Bluepants

Non-Member
Jan 23, 2014
For me I just played f2p for the first years untill I felt there was not much to do. Now I have been paying a couple euros for couple months and have still have not done all the content there is. Just try to see the f2p as a free demo you can play, and the full game is subscription based

Hitoshi

Clan Member
Dec 28, 2013
GA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I've been playing f2p rsc/rs2 from '02 - '07 (was maxed pure), then made the switch to members afterwards. Worked on skilling till it got so boring.

[video=youtube;QMJh9hIWMjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJh9hIWMjI[/video]

Begrimed

Non-Member
May 15, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I remember the game before there were "member areas." Even then, there was plenty to do, if I recall. Though, the game has changed a lot since I've seriously played. I remember spending days-upon-days playing and leveling up my skills. For the first year or so, the game was completely free-to-play. And when subscriptions came about, I still had things in the free servers that I was doing. It took a long time to get leveled and geared enough to take out the end-game monster (at the time), the Green Dragon.

Coming from a longtime player, I'd say it's worth it even if you don't buy a subscription. And if the game is anything like it used to be, you don't need to buy a subscription for at least the first few months.

orcy11

Clan Member
Sep 16, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
yea I play free its fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)