MSoG: Your Thoughts on Jade Golem Mechanic (1 Viewer)

What do you think of the Jade Golem mechanic?

• OP as F@#%

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Meta-defining

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Good enough to see play

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • It's ok

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Too slow

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Garbage tier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know/Don't care

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

sparkis

Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Hi folks :)

Just wanted to get your opinion on the new Jade Golem mechanic (for lack of a better term) in the upcoming Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion.

It looks like there are a number of Jade Lotus faction cards that summon a Jade Golem onto the board. It starts off as a 1 mana 1/1 minion with no text and each time it's summoned it increases its mana, attack and health by 1. So the second time it's summoned, it becomes a 2 mana 2/2 and so on up to a maximum of 10 mana 30/30.

If you're not up to speed, check out the Jade Golem and the cards that summon it reveal at Hearthpwn.

What are your thoughts on Jade Golem mechanic? Do you think it could have awesome synergy with a Shaman Evolve deck? Can it be meta-defining? Is it just too slow to be of any value?

Vote and let us know what you think in the comments below.

KillerQueen

Apr 13, 2016
It's not Renounce Darkness so I am immediately underwhelmed by it.

But if we're being serious I imagine it'll be in line with how the C'thun decks are/were in that you'll be building around the mechanic as opposed to just tossing the cards into pre-existing decks.

KillerQueen

Apr 13, 2016
It's not Renounce Darkness so I am immediately underwhelmed by it.

But if we're being serious I imagine it'll be in line with how the C'thun decks are/were in that you'll be building around the mechanic as opposed to just tossing the cards into pre-existing decks.

Jam

Dec 26, 2015
Texas
So it's like the C'thun thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkis

Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
So it's like the C'thun thing?

Only so far as one card buffing another is a C'thun thing. I'd say it's closer to a Questing Adventurer thing, except you get a new minion summoned with the +1/+1 buff at the cost of that occurring only when Jade Golem cards are played.

Jam

Dec 26, 2015
Texas
At least it has a maximum.

Masirus

Non-Member
Jan 16, 2016
The mechanic is definitely an interesting one. However I don't see it becoming a main deck archtype with the way things are now. Midrange shaman is an absolute beast of a deck and the decks close in tow with it are either very tempo driven or very control based. The minions that summon jade golems now are very underwhelming minions for thier cost and stats. While I get that the jade golems are supposed to be factored in for that, the ramp up mechanics are something that don't see the minions becoming effective for their cost until the 3rd-4th one.

Now you're probably thinking "so on turn 3-4 I'm getting my value worth" well yes if you curve out extremely well that could happen but as far as I can see the only low cost card summoning a golem is the druid spell for 1 mana. The next one I can see that's been revealed is a 4 mana minion/spell.

So the short opinion is that while the game is as tempo based as it is now, I don't see this kind of deck being successful.

sparkis

Vetted Officer
Oct 1, 2016
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
The mechanic is definitely an interesting one. However I don't see it becoming a main deck archtype with the way things are now. Midrange shaman is an absolute beast of a deck and the decks close in tow with it are either very tempo driven or very control based. The minions that summon jade golems now are very underwhelming minions for thier cost and stats. While I get that the jade golems are supposed to be factored in for that, the ramp up mechanics are something that don't see the minions becoming effective for their cost until the 3rd-4th one.

Now you're probably thinking "so on turn 3-4 I'm getting my value worth" well yes if you curve out extremely well that could happen but as far as I can see the only low cost card summoning a golem is the druid spell for 1 mana. The next one I can see that's been revealed is a 4 mana minion/spell.

So the short opinion is that while the game is as tempo based as it is now, I don't see this kind of deck being successful.
Perhaps it'll become the Bolster deck of this expansion - something that's being pushed but ultimately not good enough to see play.

Actually, I kid. I don't think it's THAT bad but as to whether it's Tier 1 or not, we'll have to see.

Jam

Dec 26, 2015
Texas
#broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Karas Hearthstone 32
sparkis Hearthstone 2
sparkis Hearthstone 2