Closed: Looking at building a comp, this is what I've picked out: (1 Viewer)

clobber1967

Jun 24, 2012
Kansas

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I agree with clobber on this one. You'll be happier dropping a Lil extra on your video card, and saving money on the CPU. You won't be overclocking will you? If so you'll want a cpu with a "k" in the model, as they have a unlocked multiplier.

You could stay with what you have for now, then upgrade, but that defeats the purpose of a new pc.

Now I am on my phone and didn't checkout all of it, but clobber giving you good sound advice there.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Sura

Vetted Officer
Jan 13, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I'm also on my phone now, so haven't looked at every item. When y0y0 said 'over clicking' he meant 'overclocking'.

I would also agree with what Clobber had suggested. That proc and GPU combined with the rest of your build would be pretty solid.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I agree with clobber on this one. You'll be happier dropping a Lil extra on your video card, and saving money on the CPU. You won't be overclocking will you? If so you'll want a cpu with a "k" in the model, as they have a unlocked multiplier.

You could stay with what you have for now, then upgrade, but that defeats the purpose of a new pc.

Now I am on my phone and didn't checkout all of it, but clobber giving you good sound advice there.

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I'm also on my phone now, so haven't looked at every item. When y0y0 said 'over clicking' he meant 'overclocking'.

I would also agree with what Clobber had suggested. That proc and GPU combined with the rest of your build would be pretty solid.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Where did I say over clicking? ;)

Deljase

Vetted Officer
Dec 1, 2011
GA, USA
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I like the video card suggestion, but I think staying with the CPU since it only costs 15 bucks more. Not sure which one you were looking at that was 30 higher unless you looked at the i5-3550k.

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
I like the video card suggestion, but I think staying with the CPU since it only costs 15 bucks more. Not sure which one you were looking at that was 30 higher unless you looked at the i5-3550k.
Are you going to be doing any overclocking? The 3550k would be what you want instead is so.

Deljase

Vetted Officer
Dec 1, 2011
GA, USA
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Are you going to be doing any overclocking? The 3550k would be what you want instead is so.

I don't quite feel confident enough to try overclocking on my own, plus I'd want to add in a non-stock cooling fan if I did and I'd rather just go basic.

Plasticjesus

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Seattle WA
I always recommend getting a k series because you never know when you might want that extra power. You can leave it basic and stock but when the time comes you will have the option of giving yourself a free performance increase later on down the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)