Leveling Strategies for Season 5!! (1 Viewer)

Innuendo

Non-Member
Jan 5, 2016
Manitoba, Canada
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18721681/race-to-level-70-with-tips-from-rhykker-4-10-2015

I found this quite helpful when I was power-leveling. The content is a little outdated, but the method is still applicable. In essence, if you don't want to watch the whole video:

- Hard Difficulty Adventure Game(Unless you have gear enough that you can go at 'hard clear speed' on high difficulty)
- Complete all the "Cursed" Bounty Events
- Clear 'Halls of Agony Level 3'
- Rinse and repeat

The idea is you are clearing the areas with the greatest likelihood to have the highest monster density. Method worked great for me in the past. Great for solo as well as group play.

Ajed

Non-Member
Oct 23, 2015
Thanks for keeping this guide to date [MENTION=53735]Vlaru[/MENTION], with regards to gambling for legendaries at low levels, saw this on reddit with regards to what levels to gamble for specific legendaries. Don't believe all legendaries are on this yet, but its the best source I've found ([Guide]List of Leg drops at level : Diablo). See the listing below. Also, to your crafting list it may be worth adding the crafting of level 60 one-handers at level 42 as they can roll up to level 18 reduced level requirements.
I could've sworn that I crafted a lvl 60 2H in season 4, has it been removed at some point? Maybe it wasn't in season 4, but I feel I would remember looking for it and not finding it if it happened to me before. Another question would be whether it is better to craft a lvl 60 1H with up to 18 reduction or a slightly lower lvl 2h with up to 10 reduction. Next question if you do get the lvl 60 1H would be whether you should try to craft a lvl 60 OH if you can't DW. Now that I made myself curious, I will actually go do some testing and just edit this post with the result.

Exlin

Non-Member
Jul 14, 2015
I could've sworn that I crafted a lvl 60 2H in season 4, has it been removed at some point? Maybe it wasn't in season 4, but I feel I would remember looking for it and not finding it if it happened to me before. Another question would be whether it is better to craft a lvl 60 1H with up to 18 reduction or a slightly lower lvl 2h with up to 10 reduction. Next question if you do get the lvl 60 1H would be whether you should try to craft a lvl 60 OH if you can't DW. Now that I made myself curious, I will actually go do some testing and just edit this post with the result.
I think they removed a level 60 crafted two hander in 2.3, but I could be recalling the wrong. Its definitely a good point you bring up regarding the slightly lower levels and if you should craft those weapons, let me know how the testing goes!

Ajed

Non-Member
Oct 23, 2015
I did some testing to make sure the 60 1H weapon is worth getting over just getting like a 58 2H axe (specifically for WD and Wiz who can't DW). If you get a pretty decent OH, you will definitely go for the 1H until 60. The only problem being, the damage range on Sources and Mojos are incredibly wide, but as long as you get one with more then half of the top end, with int on it, it will be worth while if you have a decent weapon too. It will most likely take you a few crafts to get a decent OH, but it will last you for a longer period then other weapons before end since you'll probably change every couple level.

Wizard skills Google Spreadsheet
I tweaked some stuff in my spreadsheet and added a weapon crafting table.

Last edited:

omega

Non-Member
Dec 14, 2015
Here guys i wanna share with you my WD guide for speed leveling in group 1-70.

- lvl 1-4: make a master adventure game, pick follower weapon, Kill bounty (Zoltun Kulle A2, Maghda A2 or cursed cellar A1), stay close to boss since you will level by killing adds and that'll do lots of dmg to him.

- lvl 4-8: Lower the difficulty to Hard, do Halls of agony 3 and halls of agony 2 if needed.

- Split all 4 members of the team to teleport in A1, A2, A3 and A5, and go look at the "fence" vendor for a ring with average dmg. if you happen to find one, buy 8 of em for you and your team.

- lvl 8-11: Craft a lvl8 2h, clear Field of misery + any den if needed.

- Split again for an amu with average dmg this time.

- lvl 11-15: rift

- lvl 15-21: craft lvl15 2h, another rift

- Now split bounty, make sure you do the bonus bounty: this is because at the end you will open both caches and hope for a born's and cain's plan. If you or your teamates happen to get any of them, make sure you craft and equip them, btw do not craft the born's sword. You guys will keep those 2 sets until 70.

- lvl 21-42: rift (hard), craft a lvl21 2h, then at 23, 29, 33, 37 and 41, at 42 you wanna try and craft a lvl 60 weapons with a % secondary and reroll the other secondary stat until you get a good reduce level requirement.

- lvl 42-61: rift (master if you guys got some weapons), at 61 you wanna craft a lvl 70 2h with the same secondary reroll strategy

- lvl 61-70: Rift (master)

In the leveling process, if you happen to find good legendaries on live, make sure you remake game and switch to master/torment 1 anytime!

As for the WD leveling skills:

3- corpse spider
5- fire bats
9- corpse spider (rune)
10- jungle (passive)
12- Haunt replace firebats AND zombie dogs (rune)
15- Soul Harvest (rune)
16- Spirit walk replace zombie charger
18- Haunt (rune)
19- Zombie dog (rune) only for group
20- gruesome (passive)
21- Locust swarm replace corpse spider
22- Gargatuan (rune)
23- Haunt (rune) AND Spirit walk (rune)
24- Zombie handle replace Jungle (passive)
27- Locust swarm (rune) AND pierce the veil replace gruesome (passive)
30- Fetish (passive)
32- Soul Harvest (rune)
39- Soul Harvest (rune)
42- Locust swarm (rune)
45- Fierce loyalty replace Zombie handler (passive)
68- Midnight replace fetish (passive)

You might have to change some stuff as you get legendaries that could possibly boost some other skills,
Sry bout my english and for not having done a spreadsheet about it, im just not good at it, hope you enjoy and feel free to comment :)

Last edited:

Ajed

Non-Member
Oct 23, 2015
bump, only 1 day before the madness!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)