Ladder revamp LIVE! (And new season/map pool) | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Ladder revamp LIVE! (And new season/map pool) (1 Viewer)

The ladder revamp has started to go live across the various servers. Went up on NA last night.
If it isn't up on your server yet, then it should in the next couple days after server maintenance.

Which also means new season and new maps. In that regard, it's probably the best map pool we've had so far in LoTV.

The new maps added this season are: Apotheosis LE, Dasan Station LE, Galactic Process LE and New Gettysburg LE.
Current map pool:

Apotheosis LE:

400px-Apotheosis_LE_0.1.jpg

Dasan Station LE:

400px-Dasan_Station_LE_0.2.jpg

Frozen Temple:

400px-Frozen_Temple.jpg

Galactic Process LE:

400px-Galactic_Process_LE_0.2.jpg

The King Sejong Station:

400px-King_Sejong_Station_LE.jpg

New Gettysburg LE:

400px-New_Gettysburg_LE_0.1.jpg

Frost:

400px-Frost_LE.jpg

I'm personally liking Galactic Process LE of the new ladder maps, gives me vibes of Cloud Kingdom from WoL.

Arranion

Non-Member
Dec 4, 2015
Sweet maps, finally we got rid of Dust Towers :)
I had an epic match versus mech on Apotheosis, good thing is it is big army focused, but still offers space for flanks.

I didnt play in Cloud Kingdom times so im not familiar with Galactic Process, its very complicated map, do you have tips where is good place for Zergs 3rd, 4th or 5th? Or some tips which places to scout for drops, proxies, hidden expos, two/+ prong attacks, advantageous positions for death balls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet maps, finally we got rid of Dust Towers :)
I had an epic match versus mech on Apotheosis, good thing is it is big army focused, but still offers space for flanks.

I didnt play in Cloud Kingdom times so im not familiar with Galactic Process, its very complicated map, do you have tips where is good place for Zergs 3rd, 4th or 5th? Or some tips which places to scout for drops, proxies, hidden expos, two/+ prong attacks, advantageous positions for death balls?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
In terms of 4th bases, depending on how the match is going, The base on the high basiclly right next to the 3rd base is a pretty solid shout. Same for the base below/above the natural base too. But regardless of order, i'd say both of those bases should be the 4th and 5th. The other low ground base near the 3rd is a good 6th base if it getsd that far.

And of course there is the gold base on this map which wasn't on Cloud Kingdom, which might be worth trying to get early.
It's certainly a map suited to macro games however.

For proxies; Between the 3rd and 4th and the base above/below the natural. Also the base above/below between the 3rd & 4th too. Also the outter rims of the map that go from the Natural to the oppositions potential will likely be a popular spot for proxies. In addition it adds a new dynamic to this map that Cloud Kingdom didn't have in terms of being able to harras or get the upper hand on an engagement, Vision along those paths are vital imo.

Engaging death balls....Trying to engage while you're on the high ground and your opponent is on the low ground is probably the best choice.
And whatever you do, do NOT engage a high ground Protoss if you're on the low ground, particularly if they have sentries or disruptions those ramps are pretty small, even smaller then the ones Cloud Kingdom had and those were a nightmare to engage Protoss on too.

Personally, im not a fan of Dasan Station LE just by looking at it.

It looks like it's kinda going to be like Ulrena in terms of aggressive play in both ground and air. Also that main base area is scary big, miss a probe going in or something and you could be in serious trouble.

Arranion

Non-Member
Dec 4, 2015
Thanks. :)
I still have to play more games on Dasan Station to figure out its pace, but from what i played Liberator/Medivac was very strong there

W0LF

Non-Member
Jul 7, 2013
USA:AL
I really like the new ladder change, I feel like the game is a lot more fun than it used to be! Though most of the major casters/streams stopped making sc2 content :/

Also, I'm really liking Galactic Process LE. :biggrin-new:

I really like the new ladder change, I feel like the game is a lot more fun than it used to be! Though most of the major casters/streams stopped making sc2 content :/

Also, I'm really liking Galactic Process LE. :biggrin-new:
Yeah, it's unfortunate, i'm only aware of 2 youtube channels that do content still, LAGTV and SC2HL, which is basiclly just highlights from tourtaments or top players, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)