Knights of Sidonia (1 Viewer)

Rivius

Jun 27, 2014
Houston

Knights of Sidonia - TV-MA
English audio
Space/Mecha/Young Adult Academy/Future

Recently released on Netflix as a "Netflix original series". I'm on the 3rd episode and really enjoying it so far.

I'll give a quick summary without spoiling anything.

[table][tr][td]Sometime far in the future a teenage boy emerges from "The Underground" into a space station with vastly different human evolution than what he was used to living on his own. He has a unique proficiency with piloting combat mech units. The story is playing out with typical Japanese-military academy style situations for young adults.[/td][/tr][/table]
The art style is very modern and looks really good. Imagine old school mecha anime with a computer face-lift.

If you dig future/mecha/student academy style anime, I highly recommend this (3 episodes in).

So check it out!

Knights of Sidonia on Netflix

Last edited:

Kumih0

Clan Member
Jul 4, 2014
San Diego, CA
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
And If its anything like any other Netflix original ( Orange is the new black <3) I think im going to enjoy this.

Rivius

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
Woops! I'm new to the forums and didn't see the existing thread. I'll post this within that discussion thread.

0yme0

Vetted Officer
Jun 3, 2014
Indiana
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Woops! I'm new to the forums and didn't see the existing thread. I'll post this within that discussion thread.
you can keep this post! you were much more informative and straight to the point. I suggest contacting [MENTION=1233]Gaudkiller[/MENTION] to see if there's anything you can do on the anime team :) I didn't even know this was a netflix original!

Rivius

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
I goof around a lot, but I heard you guys were pretty serious about anime. I love anime about as much as I love computers and video games (I'm 33, I will ALWAYS love this stuff haha) and wanted my first post to be a good one ;).

Rivius

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
And If its anything like any other Netflix original ( Orange is the new black <3) I think im going to enjoy this.
I'm not a fan of Orange is the new black. Knights of Sidonia's writing and animation is high quality and really really cool. It's worth signing up for Netflix for a month just to watch this alone.

0yme0

Vetted Officer
Jun 3, 2014
Indiana
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I goof around a lot, but I heard you guys were pretty serious about anime. I love anime about as much as I love computers and video games (I'm 33, I will ALWAYS love this stuff haha) and wanted my first post to be a good one ;).
DEFINITELY contact gaudkiller then :)

Rivius

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
-deleted-

Nothing to see here...move along...

Kumih0

Clan Member
Jul 4, 2014
San Diego, CA
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
I hate comedies and Orange makes me laugh :p, but I'm going to watch some episodes tonight of this. Ill post my reviews Tomorrow

Rivius

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
Ugh I just finished the 12th episode and I want more damn it!!! Awesome series!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)