Keeping a Sleep Log for your fitness | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Keeping a Sleep Log for your fitness (1 Viewer)

NobleLion

Vetted Officer
Apr 29, 2015
US Central
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I know this is the Fitness section, but I'm adding a quick post here to mention the importance of including a good rest in being your best for all activities, including your fitness efforts.

I've started my own Sleep log where I keep track of what time I entered bed, my general rating for the quality of the sleep I was able to get, and other things including when I might have woke up during the night and my estimate for when I feel asleep.

I found a link for an example sleep log page. It's similar to what I use, but I add the rating for the quality of sleep for the night.

What's all this for? You'd be surprised at how you're doing regarding getting enough sleep, and this is one way to track things and to work in a way to get the rest you can truly benefit from. We track so many things like our exercise or exercise progress, why not track our sleep - at least for a bit to see how you're doing?

Here's the link for the example I mentioned: http://yoursleep.aasmnet.org/pdf/sleepdiary.pdf

Let us know how you're doing and if it helps!

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
[MENTION=50145]NobleLion[/MENTION]
Nice thing there.
I guess it wouldn't look too good for me so it's probably a good idea to try it out :D

NobleLion

Vetted Officer
Apr 29, 2015
US Central
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
[MENTION=50355]Gyorn[/MENTION]
Yes, give it a try. The results may be interesting. I also recommend starting the day writing down 3 things you are grateful for, and ending the day writing down 3 things you are grateful for at the end of the day. The first one has been shown to set you up for a nice positive outlook, and the last part sets you up for a nice sleep.

Would love to hear how it works for you Gyorn!

Tr4xX

Clan Member
May 10, 2015
BC Canada
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I use a fitbit HR to monitor my sleep, it does really good and just sync via bluetooth tell me when i fell asleep how many times i was restless and for how long and totally amount of actual sleep.

Tr4xX

Clan Member
May 10, 2015
BC Canada
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Yes that is the one I am using, it does somethings great and some not so much. It suffers the same problem most heart rate monitors that use your wrist as it place of measurement. Since a lot of my workouts are crossfit type cardio or just heavy lifting it doesn't accurately read my heart rate so my calories burn will be incorrect as well. It does give you a good idea though. Works really well for walking, running, cycling, sleep monitoring. I just didn't want to bother with a chest strap heart monitor every time I hit the gym. So depending on your needs it can be a great tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)