Just had a Heroic interation that might make me quit wow... again. (1 Viewer)

Bloodmorphed

Clan Officer
Jul 10, 2015
Clan Rank
Captain
Captain
People don't undersstand two things: Tanks take a lot more damage this expansion until 840+, then they take absolutely no damage.

They seemed to think I wasnt mitigating anything. I had a mitigation up nearly 100% of the time, the hunter in the group kept pulling bull shit then blaming it on me or the healer. Eventually I got kicked for not being able to hold aggro, or use mitigaiton.

The one and only thing I could keep aggro off of us was his stupid as pet using taunt, which I told him to take off. Never did. just ssaid "stfu and let me carry you".

Again, I had my 40% mitigation up nearly 100% of the time, and in concecration which ups to like 45% give or take. On bigger pulls I blew my cooldown, even elf healing myself the WHOLE dungeon.

I get kicked causse the hunter pulled 5 wolves, who absolutely shred tanks, by the way, in HoV. In addition to fighting the mini boss for the WQ.

I remember why I quit wow and its the toxic and absolutely trash community. Thinking about quitting again.

Last edited:

Havok

Non-Member
Feb 11, 2015
Virginia
Sorry for your bad luck with the dungeon finder, [MENTION=52940]Lightbayne[/MENTION]. Unfortunately, about 20-30% of the random dungeon/raid community are toxic and inconsiderate, just like you said. I can't argue against that. They're like VA drivers. They're bad at what they do, and they get upset with everyone other than themselves about it.

All I can say is keep your chin up, because for every bad/toxic random group, there are usually a few good ones as well. It seems like we're getting more Fever stuff up and running, so you know you'll find good people in those events as well.

As for the hunter; any time a hunter pulls anything in a dungeon, that's an automatic wrong call on their part. The same goes for their pet taunting (unless they've planned to do so for some special mechanics with the tank). It sounds like they perpetuate the bad situation that they complain about (see my previous statement about VA drivers).

Edit: I sure hope they had their misdirect on CD the whole time, because if they were complaining about threat while not using misdirect, they're even more of a douche.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
not sure how you die as paladin, given you have an insane healer despite the small nerf today.

Bloodmorphed

Clan Officer
Jul 10, 2015
Clan Rank
Captain
Captain
not sure how you die as paladin, given you have an insane healer despite the small nerf today.
That heal is 30% of missing life on a 10 second cooldown. It's not that powerful, but that is besides the point. When you have a miniboss and 6 other mobs on you, even my cooldowns didn't do crap to mitigate all that damage. Iy helped until one fell off, once that fell off I took too much dmg.

Shield of the Righteous is good, yes, but not for a mini boss and 5 other mobs. I kept my mitigation up as much as I could, you can't keep it it up 100% it's impossible. I healed myself as it came off cooldown when needed. I even have the talent that reduces the cooldown by 3 seconds when shield of the righteous is used.

Not sure why you think Paladins are unkillable you sir, are very very very misinformed on that.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
That heal is 30% of missing life on a 10 second cooldown. It's not that powerful, but that is besides the point. When you have a miniboss and 6 other mobs on you, even my cooldowns didn't do crap to mitigate all that damage. Iy helped until one fell off, once that fell off I took too much dmg.

Shield of the Righteous is good, yes, but not for a mini boss and 5 other mobs. I kept my mitigation up as much as I could, you can't keep it it up 100% it's impossible. I healed myself as it came off cooldown when needed. I even have the talent that reduces the cooldown by 3 seconds when shield of the righteous is used.

Not sure why you think Paladins are unkillable you sir, are very very very misinformed on that.
Can you link your armory? I don't want this to turn into a stupid argument. You're very clearly doing something wrong.

Bloodmorphed

Clan Officer
Jul 10, 2015
Clan Rank
Captain
Captain
Can you link your armory? I don't want this to turn into a stupid argument. You're very clearly doing something wrong.
Not doing something wrong. I know how to tank as a paladin, I've done it for three years without any problems. The WoW devs said themselves tankss will take more damage this expansion. Which isn't a problem.

My item level is 815 and by no means is my haste nor mastery is where I want it to be. I'm not stupid. I know how squishy I am as a result of this, this isn't the problem. The problem is I am getting blame for things I didn't even do.

And this isn't an argument, was just clearing the picture, as most people think Paladins are a god-send from the devs and are unkillable. This issnt the case, and if you would watch really good paladin tanks... hell any good tank for that matter, there are situation where they take MASSSIVE damage, even when mitigation is up. I only watch Towelliee and I have seen him take absolutely no damage in a Mythic+3, and with the same group and the same dungeon take massive damage in Mythics+2. Granted you can probably deduce this as to someone didn't interrupt right or something.

But I'm tired of the misconception tanks are as good as they were in WoD or MoP. We take damage, we take a lot of damage, even with mitigation. Especially when idiot DPS pull things they shouldn't. Which was the point of this post in the first place... So why we are talking about this is beyond me, but here we are.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
Not doing something wrong. I know how to tank as a paladin, I've done it for three years without any problems. The WoW devs said themselves tankss will take more damage this expansion. Which isn't a problem.

My item level is 815 and by no means is my haste nor mastery is where I want it to be. I'm not stupid. I know how squishy I am as a result of this, this isn't the problem. The problem is I am getting blame for things I didn't even do.

And this isn't an argument, was just clearing the picture, as most people think Paladins are a god-send from the devs and are unkillable. This issnt the case, and if you would watch really good paladin tanks... hell any good tank for that matter, there are situation where they take MASSSIVE damage, even when mitigation is up. I only watch Towelliee and I have seen him take absolutely no damage in a Mythic+3, and with the same group and the same dungeon take massive damage in Mythics+2. Granted you can probably deduce this as to someone didn't interrupt right or something.

But I'm tired of the misconception tanks are as good as they were in WoD or MoP. We take damage, we take a lot of damage, even with mitigation. Especially when idiot DPS pull things they shouldn't. Which was the point of this post in the first place... So why we are talking about this is beyond me, but here we are.
The only reason I asked for an armory link is because those 800 iLvl mythics we ran? Paladin tank. Again, something has gotta be wrong. And it's not a mob issue, as we pull huge to save time and be as efficient as possible.

Bloodmorphed

Clan Officer
Jul 10, 2015
Clan Rank
Captain
Captain
The only reason I asked for an armory link is because those 800 iLvl mythics we ran? Paladin tank. Again, something has gotta be wrong. And it's not a mob issue, as we pull huge to save time and be as efficient as possible.
I basically shadow every other paladin tank that is good. I follow their rotation - in do or die situations I may hesitate due to not played for awhile - but I know how to mitigate. Perhaps I'm just not dodging attacks I should be dodging, but I haven't seen anything like that. Let me get that link for you, maybe you can see something I have gravely missed.
[MENTION=24722]Stickz[/MENTION]
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Lightbayne/simple

Here you go.

EDIT:
On the off chance I actually am doing something on my end (at this point I am willing to believe I am doing something wrong), I need to practice. Can't really practice in PUGs/Dungeon finder due to they will kick me if they see fit. >.>. MAybe I should just blow my cooldowns as they come up, which is stupid because I do that for places of high dmg. IDK, perhaps the easy going tanking from WoD/MoP spoiled me a bit much, lol.

Last edited:

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
I basically shadow every other paladin tank that is good. I follow their rotation - in do or die situations I may hesitate due to not played for awhile - but I know how to mitigate. Perhaps I'm just not dodging attacks I should be dodging, but I haven't seen anything like that. Let me get that link for you, maybe you can see something I have gravely missed.
[MENTION=24722]Stickz[/MENTION]
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Lightbayne/simple

Here you go.
You don't have Hand of the Protector...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)