Lavitz

Clan Member
Feb 17, 2016
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I've always been a melee person in any game I play. So when I saw that this patch was catering towards buffing melee, I'm most definitely on board for that. My question is being that I'm still relatively new to playing Leagues, you guys have any suggestions on what kind of build to play for starters? I'm thinking something with a Marauder. The epitome of face smacking. Not sure what skills to use. Or should I just look at something off PoeBuilds?

Axle

Clan General
Oct 13, 2016
USA
Steam
View
Clan Rank
General
General
there so many builds out there i woud go to www.poenija.com then in the top right there will be a tab called builds from there you should be able too pick a build you want too play cyclone and earthquake are my fav's for this league if you need any other help come on in discord we can help you with any questions you may have.

Myschief

Clan Member
Mar 8, 2014
Georgia
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
another site you can use is called poebuilds.cc which organizes builds based on popularity and when you click them it shows a forum post. Marauder is a pretty good melee choice but duelist is amazing also look into them because they are pretty good for the majority of melee things. They have good ascendancys for it like slayer has leech based things gladiator has block or bleed related stuff and champion has taunt / fortify / banners so its good for groups since its kind of a tank. If your set on maruader though engineering eternity has a few good marauder builds. Another good build that seems to work well is tectonic slam marauder also. heres a link for you to check out Marauder Builds - Legion League - Path of Exile

Lavitz

Clan Member
Feb 17, 2016
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Thanks you guys for the information. I will definitely check these out.

Lavitz

Clan Member
Feb 17, 2016
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
madslane Ty for the link. So question for you guys. How long would you say it would take to complete the entire story? I don't know if its just cause I'm casually playing or what, but I feel as if its taking me a while to get through the story. I guess that partially depends on the builds and clear speed huh?

madslane

Clan Officer
Jun 5, 2014
South Carolina
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Colonel
Colonel
The main story? Just 10 acts? As a complete new person maybe 20 hours. Story isn't overly difficult. Just keep your resistances maxed, really. If your following a build, it should have the info needed for leveling. If not there's plenty of generic guides for leveling. If your following your own build, then expect failure but also expect a ton of knowledge.

Lavitz

Clan Member
Feb 17, 2016
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
From what I was reading, skilled folks who've played the game for a long time can clear through the story in just a few hours and if that's true, my first thought was "how is that possible?" lol

madslane

Clan Officer
Jun 5, 2014
South Carolina
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Colonel
Colonel
I think sub 3hr is fastest SSFHC run to date. Some have been done under 2 hours but fully twinked out. These are generally the guys who use build purely to min/max speed runs. Honestly, think the average joe using a somewhat decent build can do it in 10 or less. Also depends on HC or not.

Lavitz

Clan Member
Feb 17, 2016
Arizona
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I wish had the time to get through that and do the actual endgame. I don't even really know too much about it, because it takes me forever to get to it. Its map progression and then other things right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)