Closed: is this the way was suposh to be? (1 Viewer)

WithOutNam3

Jun 23, 2012
Greece
back on days :p like 1-2 months ago my brand new pc came at home
rig:
CPU:AMD FX 4100
GPU: RADEON HD 6670
RAM: 4GB DDR3
MOBO: ASUS M5A78L

now that you know my rig i can tell you my little little question while i first days of run of the pc i never saw my cpu goes up more than 40% only when i was running xsplit it was like 60-80%

now days like i said 1 or 2 months later when i start my pc i wait for it to load all needed on the startup and then i startup skype ooops cpu loads for godshake 80% and iam like wtf???
and other programs like dota 2 i dont know but i fell it little more hevier than back days.
EDIT:with that and this i forgot my question :D finaly i wanted to ask you guys is this the way it was suposhed to work? like only the first days the cpu's works like charm then they are getting tired? :p

Aragos

In Loving Memory
Jul 14, 2011
Willmar, MN
Clan Rank
Retired Member
Have you updated any drivers?

Blayloche

Clan Member
Jun 24, 2012
Concord, CA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Check to make sure your antivirus and malware programs are running and up to date. I built my computer about two years ago now and it running as smoothly as the day I first boot it up. Sounds to me like you either have a lot of stuff running in the background you dont know is starting at startup or you are infected with malware.

Plasticjesus

Non-Member
Jun 23, 2012
Seattle WA
You can also use msconfig to turn off alot of the unneeded startup items

Rafiee

Vetted Officer
Apr 14, 2011
Issaquah, WA
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
You can check what's using a lot of the cpu by going into task manager, going to the resource tab, and clicking resource monitor. Could have file corruptions or even malware. I reformat once or twice a year and just backup most data besides games so keep my computer in tip top shape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)