Closed: Is there a way to stop newsletters being sent to me? (1 Viewer)

Thaumius

Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I don't read them tbh and I personally dont like them. So Is there a way to remove my name from the newsletters please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
[MENTION=54858]Thaumius[/MENTION]
I think we're having different things here.

1. Technically it should be possible to exclude you from the PMs. That said, I feel it would be quite some work to do it as the PMs are send to a usergroup, not really individual users ( [MENTION=34604]Deathopus[/MENTION] may correct me on that). Although it should be possible to exclude some users from it, this would probably result in an additional table, relations and more programming work. I'm not the PHPbb expert, but I feel for the given usage scenario the effort/profit-ratio won't fit.
  2. Beside that I personally would find it better if you could give some actual issues you're having with the newsletter. A lot of members are and have been putting a lot of time into it, so it would be a good idea to give them some feedback if possible. This can be done per PM if needed (for example also to me, Deathopus or [MENTION=174]Cybernetcrash[/MENTION] if really needed). I can see that not everyone is interested in it. But honestly I can't see a reason why someone should be bothered by them. So for the uttermost cases it could bring nice things, but no bad ones. I don't assume you're getting more than a handful PMs every week (if so, that may differ then). So the cluttering of the inbox shouldn't be an issue - and if so, they're deleted pretty fast.

Just my personal thoughts on that matter above.

Greetings Gyorn

Thaumius

Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I would of wrote my opinion on the newsletters but I thought it would be rude to say that I am not interested in reading them

Cybernetcrash

Clan Leader
Feb 11, 2011
Greece
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
As Gyorn mentioned, based on our interface, we cannot remove individual names. The only people who don't receive them, are those who are banned. In any case, you don't have to read it. Just ignore the PM and it should be fine; right now that's the only solution.

Thaumius

Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
I dont like having to keep checking my inbox everytime someone sends me one and the notification doesent stop until you check it

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Yeah, but as already said, there's not a way around this, at least for the time being.
Beside that, "everytime" would be once every week.

Anyway, we're still open for criticism. I'm not taking it rude, so if you would like to, write me a PM.

PS: Don't know what's the "New Private Message Notification Pop-up:" setting under "General Settings" in the User profile is. I assume it just controls the display of a message box, not the notice at the bottom left.

Gyorn

Clan Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Has your question been answered then?
As said, there isn't really much we can do about it, so the alternatives you're having have been described.
Will let this open till Sunday if no response comes.

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Theoretically you could stop receiving the Newsletter if you blocked the person who is sending it. (I'm assuming it's always the same person, don't really pay attention to who is sending it. Either way you could block all the people who send it.)

But since it is being sent to the whole User Group I might be mistaken.

Stickz

Apr 5, 2013
Theoretically you could stop receiving the Newsletter if you blocked the person who is sending it. (I'm assuming it's always the same person, don't really pay attention to who is sending it. Either way you could block all the people who send it.)

But since it is being sent to the whole User Group I might be mistaken.
Can't block officers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)