Guides: Introduction and usage of Add-Ons. (1 Viewer)

The usage and guide to Addons for ESO.

Addons, what are they?

Addons for The Elder Scrolls Online are a way to change the UI, manage guilds and mail, make crafting easier and much, much more. Almost everyone on the PC community of ESO uses Addons. This guide will give you suggestions and even more on what to use and what might fit you.

1. Addon Management.

First off, you might ask how to addons. Well, there are many ways. Two of the most are by manual install (not recommended if you are just starting out or are not proficient in installing UI and libraries to a game) the second is by using a Mod/Addon Manager.

The recommended way is by using Minion Mod Manager. Minion - Premier AddOn Management This manager makes it very easy to find, install, update and manage your addons. This is what I use for my addons and prefer. Simple one click install of addons and even a search function with categories to find what you need and suits you.

Second way is Manual. You can go to AddOns & Mods - MMOUI or Elder Scrolls Online AddOns to find how to manual install or look for addons. They also have help in case errors occur. Another place to ask about Addons is Add-Ons & UI Mods the community is very helpful with these things and is a good place to get knowledge and support.

Recommended Addons for advanced and beginners.

I have a list of addons and many others like to use. This will be a list of them. Just search the names on Minion of the sites provided above.

1. Bandits User Interface: A UI addon that does so much. Adds a mini-map, combat notifications, shows other teams health and main resource (if they use it too) and even gives a healer the pop up of the group or tank needing resource restore.
  2. Combat Metrics. This addons is a log and toggle screen to check group DPS, healing and more. Please DO NOT use it to be a jerk towards you group, It is frowned upon and we won’t tolerate it.
  3. Daily Alchemy and Provision: A simple two addons to automatically complete provision and alchemy writs easier to finish.
  4. Destinations, Skyshards, Harvest Map and Map Pins. These will it much easier to traverse and find areas, materials, Skyshards and more on the map. Even has a nice map pin toggle feature to turn off unwanted pins. Requires LibMapPins
  5. Group Loot Notifier: Works in conjunction with Bandit User Interface. Lets you see group loot and such. Mainly I use it to see if a guild mate gets something everyone needs and does not see it themselves. It helps. Trust me…
  6. Dolgubons Lazy Writ Crafter. This addon is a life saver. Does what Daily Alchemy and Daily Provisioning does but with all other crafting. Requires LibLazyCrafting Library.
  7. SuperStar and SuperStar Dragon Bones Update. Right now, it does not work with Necromancer sadly. BUT this is a build tracker and can log your builds. Easy to use but please do not use if you have a Necromancer main or plan on making one. It will bug out some features of the game.
  8. Writ Worth. Does what other addons do for writs but only with Master Writs. Later game crafting stuff.
  9. Itemization Browser. Useful for locating the areas and finding sets with bonuses for you builds and such. Really, really recommend this one. Requires LibSets.
  10. Finally we have Lib Libraries. These are required for some addons to function. LibPrice, LibSets, LibAddonMenu, LibLazyCrafting, LibMapPins.

Thank you for checking out this guide and intro to Addons in ESO. If you have any questions please contact MerlinsBrother or to put in your suggestions with credit given if I am not around to edit the post, contact Phoenix_Ace.

Have a great time in Tamriel with Fever Clan!

Steveopk

Clan Member
Jan 25, 2020
Clan Rank
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Just to add, I would highly recommend if you craft or intend to, getting TTC or (Tamriel Trade Centre). It'll help you make informed decisions about buying or selling things in Zone chat, or from guild traders. Some recipies are expensive and not everyone has the gold to spare - Info here It needs an extra step from Minion installing it which is to run a simple EXE file which is found here which is what records all the prices with their DB - http://tamrieltradecentre.com/
Just keep in mind this data can be manipulated by people posting stupidly high or low sales, to drive prices in their favour.

Harvest map too is a really handy one for crafters, it marks all your found harvested nodes, chests, troves etc in pins on your map and on your screen. Or you can sync your file with their DataBase, and have every node showing on your map for every area and dungeon. - HarvestMap

Oh Merlin feel free to delete this post and add to your list if you want

Flowyarg

Clan Member
Mar 29, 2020
Clan Rank
Private
Private
I would like to make a few suggestions for your consideration.

Circonians Addon Selector.
If you are new to the game or addons, please be aware that addons are small programs that do something for you in the game. Since they are a program, there is a load time for each of them which is usually very small but it adds up after awhile , and while in a zone the game has to constantly go through the addons to apply those effects the addon is meant to give you. The point to this is that over time you can acquire a lot of addons to do things for you, and you may build out a few alternative characters. You may not need all of the addons to be active all the time or on all of your characters. Circonians Addon Selector will allow you to create a group of addons you want to use and to give this group a name. You can have a group for normal gaming, doing merchant (buying and selling), for dungeon/group runs, and a lot of other things I can't think of - and you will be able to switch between the groups. It can make things load faster and help to prevent the game running slow. Just something to think about as you find those really cool addons that make things easier for you.

Bag Space Indicator
It is a very small pane that tells you how much gold you have, how many items in your bags, and how many items in your bank. It's movable so you can put it someplace out of the way. Bag and bank space is shown as "15 of 100" so you know how many items are in your bag/bank and how many slots your bag/bank has for use. It is very handy.

WeaponCharger
Just as the name says, that's what it does. It does this automatically as long as you have charged soul gems. You will never again have to stop and check your weapons, or run out of charge during a fight.

Lots of addons to do lots of things for you. Using only those addons you need will make the game load and run faster. Its always nice to be able to know how many open slots you have in your bags/bank. Having your weapons recharged automatically will greatly reduce the head smacking sounds heard while you are gaming.

Disclaimer
Make use of this information at your own peril. The author is not responsible for death, dismemberment, or other really bad things that can happen to you. Any good, great, or wonderful things that result from this information is naturally to be credited to the author.

Remember
If it doesn't give you exp, gifts, or gold - kill and loot it.

Rebxruth91

Rebecca
May 22, 2020
NJ
Clan Rank
Private
Private
So I seem to have issues with my map when I hit 'M' to goggle it on it wont show but when I hit 'J' to toggle journal and then 'R' to show on map I can get my map and go from there. I do have mini map but sometimes want to see the full map view. Only Lib addons i have are required ones that are needed for Addons I've installed and all addons I've installed are those recommended to me so I'm not sure what is causing my map to even be buggy. Anyone else have or had this similar issue and how they fixed it?

1LazyPanda

Clan Members
Mar 29, 2020
Clan Rank
Private
Private
A few things could cause the error. So to kinda narrow down whats going on, try to determine when this started happening. Did you recently download any addons right before it started happening? If this is the case i'd start by looking into that specific add-on. Also, does it happen every time you open your map or only sometimes?

Flowyarg

Clan Member
Mar 29, 2020
Clan Rank
Private
Private
I use Bandits User Interface as one of my addons. The addon effects several aspects of the game and UI including the Map and Mini-map. What was happening to me was that sometimes when I opened the map and the side menus opened up but there was no map, and other times when I closed the map the side menus closed but the map remained. I could do a bunch of things that cleared the problem, but logging out and back in was the fastest/simplist way to solve the problem.

1 Take the time to read and study your addons and what effects they have on the game (like the maps).
2 Learn how to make the 'problem' occur and then start turning addons off (check for the problem) and then turn them back on until you know if one or more of your addons make the problem go away.

Bandits User Interface was the addon that made the problem go away for me. I went into Bandits menu and turned everything off related to the map (kept the mini-map). Problem solved. Most addons that have effects on several aspects of the game allow you to turn off those effects you don't want, Bandits is one of those addons. Some don't have this feature.

If you use Bandits, see if doing this helps. Otherwise it is the time proven method of reading the fine print and then going through the addons one at a time.

While you are enjoying the frustration of troubleshooting the problem I will drink a beer and think positive thoughts for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MerlinsBrother Guides: Guide and Introduction to ESO! Elder Scrolls Online 0