Tr4xX

Clan Member
May 10, 2015
BC Canada
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
throttling your upload speed within the torrent program should not have any impact on your download speed. Have you tried what the others have recommended with the limits, if you have and still have the problem try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of utorrent, maybe your settings are mucked. No harm in trying if you haven't already.

Hitoshi

Clan Member
Dec 28, 2013
GA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
If you're still having issues, check out this guide.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Smokus

Non-Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kehl, Germany
I tried setting maximum number of global connectins to 50 and still I'm disconnecting after 2 mins

Vex

Vetted Officer
Jan 14, 2015
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
[MENTION=40738]Smokus[/MENTION]: Did you get this issues resolved as of yet?

ErkDog

Clan Member
Jun 7, 2015
Richmond, VA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
If you limit upload speed to 1K/sec it will affect your download.

When you download there has to be confirmation packets/information sent back to the other peers.

If you have 5Mbps up then that's about 500K/sec. So you should limit your upload to like 100K/sec. That shouldn't affect your overall internet, but you should be able to download at full speed.

Thanks,
Matt

Achilleus

Clan Member
Jul 18, 2015
Clan Rank
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Limiting your upload speed too much on certain clients will make it so that it can't connect to peers, which requires a certain amount of upload bandwidth to do. 1kb/s is too low, I usually set mine to 10 kb/s per torrent in my queue to maximize my speeds. Some clients I think will let you do it at 0 or 1 kb/s and still function, but I don't know which. Rule of thumb though is 10 kb/s per torrent.

Vex

Vetted Officer
Jan 14, 2015
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
[MENTION=40738]Smokus[/MENTION]: Thread moved to closed due to lack of response.

Please PM me or quote this post if you would like it reopened

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)