Closed: Internet goes down (1 Viewer)

Smokus

Non-Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kehl, Germany
So, I had simlliar thread alraedy but this time it's a bit different. Whenever my dad ( on his laptop ) or I ( on PC )turn on uTorrent and start downlaoding something my internet goes down. I don't know why and another question, why does the downlaod speed goes to 25 kb/s when I limit upload speed to 1 kb/s, when I put unlimited then download speed goes instantly back to 8 mb/s.

Smokus

Non-Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kehl, Germany
Ping : 1 ms
Download Speed : 66.17 Mbps
Upload Speed : 5.03 Mbps

Tr4xX

Clan Member
May 10, 2015
BC Canada
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Some ISP's cap / throttle torrent traffic, have you had any issues with torrents before? Have you tried using a different torrent program? Does it only happen with a specific torrent your trying to download? Have you checked your firewall settings to ensure the proper ports are available? I use the same torrent program and i get full 12Mb download speeds if there is enough seeders.

Hitoshi

Clan Member
Dec 28, 2013
GA
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Try limiting your global maximum number of connections to 100 or lower in Bandwidth of your Preference settings. It may be that your torrent(s) is/are establishing too many connections for router or modem to handle.

captaindiptoad

Clan Member
Jan 3, 2014
Jacksonville, Fl
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Had the same issue, limit your uploads and your global max connections.

Many will advertise that they can handle up to 28Dbs of noise, but most can only handle 15Dbs because of outdated hardware.

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
Some ISP's cap / throttle torrent traffic, have you had any issues with torrents before? Have you tried using a different torrent program? Does it only happen with a specific torrent your trying to download? Have you checked your firewall settings to ensure the proper ports are available? I use the same torrent program and i get full 12Mb download speeds if there is enough seeders.
Important thing to point out in my oppinion (at least here in Germany).
Although I don't think it's the cause of your problem - for this I would stick to the posts of [MENTION=34335]Hitoshi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34628]captaindiptoad[/MENTION].
Anyway, a lot of internet providers here in Germany are throttling traffic from filesharing-services, if you load too much. This counts also for P2P-transfers.
Judging by your normal speed I think you're using cable. Most likely KabelBW as provider, I guess. I may be wrong but I think, they're having such passages in their general business terms.
As said, I don't think that's the cause of your problem but you should check it.

Smokus

Non-Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kehl, Germany
Well, I didn't have problems before and ports are ok [MENTION=50552]Tr4xX[/MENTION]

Smokus

Non-Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kehl, Germany
Try limiting your global maximum number of connections to 100 or lower in Bandwidth of your Preference settings. It may be that your torrent(s) is/are establishing too many connections for router or modem to handle.
Will try that, thanks.

Smokus

Non-Member
Jul 28, 2014
Kehl, Germany
Important thing to point out in my oppinion (at least here in Germany).
Although I don't think it's the cause of your problem - for this I would stick to the posts of [MENTION=34335]Hitoshi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=34628]captaindiptoad[/MENTION].
Anyway, a lot of internet providers here in Germany are throttling traffic from filesharing-services, if you load too much. This counts also for P2P-transfers.
Judging by your normal speed I think you're using cable. Most likely KabelBW as provider, I guess. I may be wrong but I think, they're having such passages in their general business terms.
As said, I don't think that's the cause of your problem but you should check it.
Well, you're right, I'm using KabelBW, but the problem is, if i limit my upload speed to 1 kb/s for example, my download speed wont go over 25 kb/s then :(