Closed: - I need your help Fever finding a GPU. | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Closed: I need your help Fever finding a GPU. (1 Viewer)

Xylr

Jul 10, 2014
Columbus, OH
Hey all, I currently have a EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2GB Super Clocked video card in my PC.

I want to add another one, but all the video cards I can find are over $200.. I don't care if its Refurb or Used, just want another one.

Please, if you know of a good place to look, let me know. I have scoured Newegg, Tigerdirect, /r/hardwareswap, /r/buildapcsales and craigslist.

Know of any other sources to check? Post below. Thanks!

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Hey all, I currently have a EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 2GB Super Clocked video card in my PC.

I want to add another one, but all the video cards I can find are over $200.. I don't care if its Refurb or Used, just want another one.

Please, if you know of a good place to look, let me know. I have scoured Newegg, Tigerdirect, /r/hardwareswap, /r/buildapcsales and craigslist.

Know of any other sources to check? Post below. Thanks!
Are you meaning you want another 660 for an sli setup?

UzzyFTW

Vetted Officer
Sep 7, 2013
In my german dungeon.
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Hmm check ebay mabe?

Also, is ur Power supply to handle two cards?

How about you maybe buy a used GTX 770 instead.

TheCrankyGamer

Jan 8, 2013
Seattle, Washington
SLi usually (USUALLY) will beat a single card upgrade to the next series of GPU. Be sure to double check the stats of the card you think about upgrading to vs the stats of running an SLi config of the card you currently have.

I played the upgrade to the next series game since the GTX200 series and I have only noticed a marginal difference in performance from generation to generation.

Best bet on a single card upgrade is to skip a gen. IE: GTX600 to GTX800. Just my 2cents.

Sly

Vetted Officer
Feb 5, 2014
Britain
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Are you meaning you want another 660 for an sli setup?
would a GTX 750 TI OC work? looking at most reviews they say it would beat a SLI setup by far. down side is it doesnt support SLI but doesn't need a 6pin connect for fans and its pretty cheap 160-180 depending on GDDR5

or he could go for another 660 maybe a TI for extra power but dont see the need

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
would a GTX 750 TI OC work? looking at most reviews they say it would beat a SLI setup by far. down side is it doesnt support SLI but doesn't need a 6pin connect for fans and its pretty cheap 160-180 depending on GDDR5

or he could go for another 660 maybe a TI for extra power but dont see the need
for sli, the only card that will work is another 660. the GPUs have to be the same for an sli setup.

the 750ti is an awesome card... for what it is. however, the 660 will outperform it.

my recommendation would be to upgrade the single gpu in it, possibly waiting until october for the 800 series to drop. the 860 would probably be the card youre looking for.

the reason many dont recommend sli setups is because not all games have sli profiles, meaning those games will only have the performance of a single card, not utilizing both. there is also microstuttering and other small reasons that cause me to only recommend sli when there isnt a better card than what youre buying, but you still want more power.

i remember my ols gt8600 sli setup i had at one point... what a mistake! LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)