Resolved: - How do I avoid tangled wires | FeverClan - Gaming Community

Resolved: How do I avoid tangled wires (1 Viewer)

Thaumius

Clan Member
Sep 3, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
messy wires.jpg

How are my wires like this? what can I do to prevent them being like this? I've tried many times untangling them but they keep on doing this.

D

DeathWolf99

I usually don't worry about messy wires.

Stretch the cord all the way out and tape it down or staple it down tight along your wall so it won't tangle up again then have a little extra at the end to reach to plug into your laptop if you don't intend to take it anywhere.

If you intend to take it somewhere coil the cord around and zip tie it, you can use rubber bands too.

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Besides what DeathWolf99 mentioned, I just wanted to point out that after the cables are THAT twisted, they generally do not go back to normal. It is better to take care of your wires/cables from the beginning to prevent (or at least seriously delay) this from happening.

I also suggest not rolling up the wires too tightly (when you put them away) as doing so will hasten bending of the wires, which in turn helps get it all twisted. Looking at the picture DeathWolf99 put up, that is probably the tightest I'd ever roll up my wires. (generally I'd even do bigger loops than that).

neondevil

May 15, 2016
Belgium
Also do not roll up your cables when you use them.
It is very bad for them.

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
All good and reasonable suggestions here, so I can support that.
Actually there are possibilities to use cables that won't twist so much.
In industrial machinery applications you're often using cables that have a rope inside of them.
This considerably lowers the possible twisting - but of course it's not used in consumer stuff because you'ld have to pay twice the money at least.

Idolator

Supreme Ruler of the Multiverse
Nov 6, 2015
UK
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Is that for your headphones?

@Thaumius

I recommend going wireless :) seriously.
This might just be my eyes, but that looks like a power cable for his laptop lol

Gyorn

Retired Leader
May 4, 2015
Coburg
Clan Rank
Retired Leader
Retired Leader
This might just be my eyes, but that looks like a power cable for his laptop lol
Yeah, looks like that's it.
Actually there are possibilities to load your laptop without a cable but technically it's not wireless, if you still need to put your hardware onto a inductive working charging station...
And I suppose we won't ever see real wireless charging in consumer electronics for powers greater than 10 watt because of the emissions.

zefirus

Clan Member
Nov 20, 2015
Bel Air MD
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Yeah, looks like that's it.
Actually there are possibilities to load your laptop without a cable but technically it's not wireless, if you still need to put your hardware onto a inductive working charging station...
And I suppose we won't ever see real wireless charging in consumer electronics for powers greater than 10 watt because of the emissions.
For some reason I thought it was a headphone cable with a DAC attached to it.. just figured everyone wants to sport Audiophile sound. It is very difficult to untangle those braided cables.. I have them on my components as well.

I recommend reading and watching this.. at least to give the guy some views... he finds this stuff important:

That’s Not How You Use That: Coiling a Cable | WIRED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)