have not played sc2 HOTS in over a year (1 Viewer)

darkset

Clan Member
Aug 31, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
what do i need to know where should i start im looking to go full steam well i can so any help would be worth its weight in gold.

DrSmitherine

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2014
Tübingen, Germany
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
Really you just got to find a build order against each race and just queue up. It is weird starting off at first with so many workers but you'll get use to it :D

darkset

Clan Member
Aug 31, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
thank you very kindly for the advice i guess the old hammer away at it style still works

BadFishSC

Clan Officer
Mar 21, 2017
Fort Wayne, IN
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Captain
Captain
I have two builds that I switch between. The first is getting gas at 15, expanding, and get upgrades behind MMM. The gas allows for the upgrades so usually when I'm ready to engage, stim and combat shield are finished along with +1 attack. This usually allows me to win the first engagement and push straight into the base. It is also more flexible.

My second build starts the same with 15 gas with an expansion but I build 1 racks with reaper. When the reaper finishes, I use it to scout only around my base for proxies since I need it. I drop a reactor as soon as the reaper is out and build a factory. I swap the factory and racks, then build a 2nd factory. The only thing from the factories will be cyclones. I start +1 mech weapons when the armory finishes. This build is more dangerous since it relies on speed and is punished by proxies and rushes since the reaper is the only defense. If a proxy is scouted, I switch to MMM until I can mech up.

I haven't experimented much with these builds. I mostly rely on them working and do little to vary the build. I just go for overwhelming numbers.

For good builds, check out PiG's YouTube/stream. He is a modern Day9 with his videos. Hope this helps.

darkset

Clan Member
Aug 31, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
thanks for all the Terran tips i was a player who only ever played zerg before but i really want to mix thing up this time and just play for fun with each race

DrSmitherine

Clan Member
Jan 31, 2014
Tübingen, Germany
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I highly suggest you check out spawning tool! It is a fantastic website for all sorts of builds! My suggestion is to find a build, one versus every race, and practice them till you master them and then move onto other builds. If you pick the builds that are posted by PiG there will be an instructional video that goes along with it! Spawning Tool: LotV Zerg Build Orders

darkset

Clan Member
Aug 31, 2013
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
thank you kindly this will help greatly im mainly playing the ai right now just to try and get the hotkeys down again lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)