Guild wars 2 leadership issue (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Clan Member
Jul 28, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
As a large guild and alliance leader from GW1 and now GW2 I joined the fever guild and noticed that 3 leaders haven't been on for months, this will put any potential members joining off, as they would do as I did and think OHH the leaders haven't been on for many months and the only active people are a few members and one general , who has a miss leading role. She has the leadership abilities, but I can assure you no members joining will go look to see what her credentials are , they will think ugh no online leaders I'm out of here. Also eventually, regardless of who the leaders are Arena net /NCsoft will randomly make the person who is on the most regardless of designation, a leader and demote any of the leaders and officers who haven't been online for x amount of time to members. I had that done to me during a lengthy stay in hospital. I was away 5 weeks and came back to find my guilds had been put in the hands of a member, not even an officer, who only logged on sporadically and I sent in a ticket and was told to ask that member to give me back leadership and I had to wait 6 months to get it all back. the hierarchy of the Guild wars 1 + 2 told me that they have an Auto log checker on both games and it randomly checks to see who has been the most active and makes them leader and demotes the rest and this can happen anytime, there are no set weeks or months of activity, it's random.They will not budge and give it back , they say you weren't online for x amount of weeks/months , he/she was, so they deserve the leadership. I started my GW1 guild at the beginning and I started the GW2 guild on day it started and had logged in both games daily till the hospital stay and explained that to them and they said it didn't matter so do not be surprised to one day anytime in the future to find this happened overnight to the Fever guild.

Reactions: Dolphin Drmng

Linessah

Vetted Officer
May 5, 2016
NC
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Ok. After a little digging, research, and asking around... I've been able to come up with a few things. I've never played Guild Wars, so I had to garner a little knowledge before I felt comfortable enough to post.

SunKenRock currently holds the leader position for some of the reasons you've expressed, Shaggy. Through the years, members come and go, and we try to put people in the leadership roles that we can actively reach out to via other means in case leadership needs to be transferred. Who wants to have to start from scratch each and every time someone goes AWOL?

As it stands, DarkMantra is the leader for the GW2 section. They will run everything... events, the guild's setup, etc.

It is my understanding that ANet will not intervene in GW2 guild affairs, unlike the system you mentioned in GW1. So as long as both DarkMantra and SunKenRock stay any sort of active, we'll maintain control of the guild (and not have a leader that is entirely unreachable). I have been told that the inactive people have been moved to a Retired rank, so hopefully that can clarify matters to new members in-game.

Your concerns are genuine, and I hope I could match that with my answer on the matter. With that said, I will continue to maintain contact with DarkMantra to ensure that they have what they need to keep running the guild and grow it to bigger and better things. :)

If you have any more questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Reactions: madslane

Bhuego

VC in residence
Jun 29, 2013
USA
Clan Rank
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Would download again if Fever had a presence. Crafting Bifrost was one of my favorite achievements in video games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belos Guild Wars 2 0
Belos Guild Wars 2 0
T Guild Wars 2 0