Grim Dawn - Anybody play this?

Steel

Clan Member
Aug 24, 2018
Myrtle Beach, SC
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I was just looking around online at different games and this one was mentioned along with Diablo 3 and Path of Exiles. Has anyone ever play this? If so how was it compared to Path of Exiles, I have not played Diablo 3.

Steel

Clan Member
Aug 24, 2018
Myrtle Beach, SC
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I also got another game called The Witcher 2. I know the 3rd game of this line is also out but I read that it is a good idea to play the 2nd game because it is very good, then the 3rd. Most people's posts said the first game although the story was good the combat system was pretty bad so they said to read about the first game as for the story and play the 2nd and 3rd games. Anyone play this one either?

Bahnzo

Clan Member
May 13, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
A little late here, but I've been playing a lot of Grim Dawn. I played a lot of PoE as well, but I'm not sure how'd I'd compare the two.

What I really like about GD is there are tons of ways to build your character, and none are really "the best". In D3, there's pretty much a best for each class, with best gear. In GD you have lots of different options for gear and character build.

madslane

Vetted Member
Jun 5, 2014
South Carolina
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
Grim Dawn is fantastic to play. It's great build and character diversity. Can pull off several builds with the different devo's and items.

Once you get done with the vanilla experience you can start trying out different mods. Some of which add like 20+ new classes/mastery combos. Up the difficulty, improve loot drops and what not. It's great. I play off and on, usually hardcore only. Waiting for Forgotten gods so I can start shield throwing my way arond!

Bahnzo

Clan Member
May 13, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
I haven't even looked into the mods yet. After all these months of playtime, I've only got 2 chars so far, and only 1 at lvl 100.

And I've only scratched the surface of the Crucible mode. I mean, this game is so deep, I really wish we had more of a following from people here.

madslane

Vetted Member
Jun 5, 2014
South Carolina
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
I haven't even looked into the mods yet. After all these months of playtime, I've only got 2 chars so far, and only 1 at lvl 100.

And I've only scratched the surface of the Crucible mode. I mean, this game is so deep, I really wish we had more of a following from people here.
There's a decent amount that play off and on. Nothing consistent. And GD is more focused on SP.

Dark_Praetor

Clan Officer
Apr 15, 2017
New Hampshire
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Grim Dawn is fun, I have the base game plus current DLC, a new expansion is releasing in a few months I believe. More linear skill tree and abilities based on class vs POE's expansive build variety, but more than Diablo 3's limited choices. You can trade items but its more of a solo found/party trading system. Occasionally players will post trade lists of items they have and items they want on the forums. Has more of a D2 trade environment feel to it.

Bahnzo

Clan Member
May 13, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant
Sergeant
There's a decent amount that play off and on. Nothing consistent. And GD is more focused on SP.
Yeah, I like that it's more a single player game. Still I'd like if we at least had a clan discord for people to chat and maybe trade.

Dark_Praetor

Clan Officer
Apr 15, 2017
New Hampshire
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
For it to be a section we would have to get 20+ members to list it as their main game. Best bet is to advertise in RPG chat if looking to get a group going or trade stuff.

Seanofthedead

Clan Members
Nov 1, 2018
Clan Rank
Private
Private
I've herd some good things about this game, I'll have to check it out. I liked Diablo 3 so GD sounds like it would be fun.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bahnzo Miscellaneous RPG 9
H Application Section 2
Grimmee Application Section 2