Closed: Gaming Laptop (1 Viewer)

Aug

Clan Leader
Mar 10, 2010
Compuserve HQ
Clan Rank
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Thanks for linking those. I think there was a slight miscommunication though. If I could afford to spend $1k, I would just build a desktop and buy her a desk and chair to go with it. If its a REALLY good deal, I could spend $1k on a laptop, but I'd really rather not spend that much. Ideally, I'd find something in the $500 range (gaming laptop, $500, laugh, i know...) and could convince myself to spend up to $750. But spending $1k is REALLY gonna hurt my bank account at this point in time. That being said, my financial situation may change in the not too distant future, so I' am taking the recommendation on the $1k laptops seriously. But, ideally, something a little bit lower in price range would be ideal. Really, she doesn't play any cutting edge games. She mainly play skyrim, and Fallout:new Vegas. She has bought games like Bioshock: Infinity, but her current laptop (with its 512MB integrated graphics) just won't run those at a playable framerate.
tl;dr - Those are great computers I might be able to afford, but I'm looking for something a little bit cheaper that will run Skyrim with maybe one or two graphics mod at a decent framerate.
Alright, I'll look into finding you a gaming laptop between 500-750, leaning towards the 500 mark.

Ravail

Clan Member
Jun 11, 2013
Georgia (USA)
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Get an laptop with an AMD A10 5750 and install a SSD in it. I have that setup and it runs Skyrim wonderfully.

naker

Feb 27, 2018
Perhaps you can try this gaming laptop Acer E5-576G-5762, I really strongly recommend because I have a good test, and the price is very cheap.

Last edited:

naker31

Feb 28, 2018
If you want to find a gaming laptop that can play games quickly and cheaply, I'd like to know more about the price you are looking for. :joyous:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)