Closed: Galaxy 3 quad core? (1 Viewer)

Sura

Vetted Officer
Jan 13, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
You know I wonder who comes up with the OS names. lol
Yep, each update is a deserts, in alphabetical order, eg the most recent 3 are honeycomb, ice cream sandwich and jelly bean.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SandiZ

Vetted Officer
Apr 2, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Android 4.1. The current Android version is Ice Cream Sandwich which is 4.0.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
How is jellybean already available? I can't for some reason get 4.0 to my xpreia mini pro. In the sony pc companions it says that my phone is up to date but my UI is no different :S

Sura

Vetted Officer
Jan 13, 2011
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
How is jellybean already available? I can't for some reason get 4.0 to my xpreia mini pro. In the sony pc companions it says that my phone is up to date but my UI is no different :S
Jelly Bean is not available yet. It will be available in about 2 weeks on the Google Nexus Phone and Nexus 7 tablet. It will then be up to manufacturers and networks to push the update to other customers (if they do at all).
If your phone is rooted (sort of like jailbreaking is to iphone), then you can install 'roms'. These 'roms' can give your phone a new operating system. Ie, there is a 'rom' for Jelly Bean.

With regards to your phone, read this article:
http://socialbarrel.com/sony-xperia-mini-android-ics/40151/

SandiZ

Vetted Officer
Apr 2, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Jelly Bean is not available yet. It will be available in about 2 weeks on the Google Nexus Phone and Nexus 7 tablet. It will then be up to manufacturers and networks to push the update to other customers (if they do at all).
If your phone is rooted (sort of like jailbreaking is to iphone), then you can install 'roms'. These 'roms' can give your phone a new operating system. Ie, there is a 'rom' for Jelly Bean.

With regards to your phone, read this article:
Sony Xperia Mini Receives Android ICS Update
My old ZTE was rooted but since this ones fairly new i didn't want to mess with it since ICS is promised to all xpreia phones. They released it for xpreia the 26th in my country but it still wont update

Toby

Vetted Officer
Jan 15, 2012
Kansas, USA
Clan Rank
Vetted Member
Vetted Member
My old ZTE was rooted but since this ones fairly new i didn't want to mess with it since ICS is promised to all xpreia phones. They released it for xpreia the 26th in my country but it still wont update
You could contact your provider and ask them for some help. Alot of times they can help you or warranty your phone out and get another on. That is if you haven't voided it.

Sent from my Android powered device.

y0y0ninja

Vetted Officer
Aug 27, 2011
Prattville, AL
Clan Rank
Vetted Officer
Vetted Officer
Since every phone has different hardware, you have to wait for the manufacturer toadapt the operating system for your device. Look too see if it is available online, sometimes it isn't an update available over the air.

I'd there isn't anything, you could always root it and run a custom ROM. That's what I do, I had ics for like 5 months before the official release on my galaxy s2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)