Found a cool little chrome extension (1 Viewer)

Tackle2

Jun 28, 2012
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
I was browsing the PoE reddit and found this really handy little crafting extension. It searches what you have and suggests recipes that you can use at the time.

So far it has helped me craft 8 chaos and 4 alch.

Poe Helper by njs50

Re-Edit: Link is back

Last edited:

Ajido

Jul 9, 2012
Queens, NY
Unless something has changed, I think GGG didn't want people using this. Not because of what it does, but it was doing something detrimental to their servers. That's what I remember reading at least, this used to be stickied on their forum but I think was removed. So possibly use at your own risk.

Tackle2

Jun 28, 2012
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
Thanks for the info Ajido. I think I may take a deeper look into this and make sure that it is fine to use. In the meantime I will remove the link to it.

Ajido

Jul 9, 2012
Queens, NY
My info may be out of date, I recall a GGG post about this during closed beta where they pretty thought it was a cool idea and they were okay with it, if it wasn't for the stress it was adding to their servers for some reason. They may have fixed that and it could be okay, I'm just not sure.

solomon

Jun 24, 2012
Amelia, Ohio (United States)
So... you can craft in PoE? I thought you just gathered shards and when you had 20 they became an orb. Explain? :D

Ajido

Jul 9, 2012
Queens, NY
So... you can craft in PoE? I thought you just gathered shards and when you had 20 they became an orb. Explain? :D
There are certain combinations of items, or individual items that when vendored to an NPC give certain items. Like selling a 3 linked item where the 3 sockets are red, blue and green gives you 1 Chromatic Orb. Vendoring 7 Normal (White) Iron Rings, plus a Rare Paua Ring gives you a Rare Paua Amulet, etc.

Vendor Recipes - Path of Exile Wiki

"Crafting" more so related to the actual creation of items, using Orbs on existing items you find and pick up. But the vendoring recipes are an extension of that.

solomon

Jun 24, 2012
There are certain combinations of items, or individual items that when vendored to an NPC give certain items. Like selling a 3 linked item where the 3 sockets are red, blue and green gives you 1 Chromatic Orb. Vendoring 7 Normal (White) Iron Rings, plus a Rare Paua Ring gives you a Rare Paua Amulet, etc.

Vendor Recipes - Path of Exile Wiki

"Crafting" more so related to the actual creation of items, using Orbs on existing items you find and pick up. But the vendoring recipes are an extension of that.
Oh wow that's pretty nifty. I wish I woulda seen that before I emptied 2 full stash pages of rares that I had no use for. Damn.

Kar0va

Jan 21, 2013
Southeast, US
Oh wow that's pretty nifty. I wish I woulda seen that before I emptied 2 full stash pages of rares that I had no use for. Damn.

Crafting rares is much less useful unless you have the stash pages for it.

Mathematically, you'll get much more out of absent-minded hoarding with more spaces for your junk - at least, if that's your approach. You could just keep four or five pages (whatever the initial count is) and try to keep up with what you have stored on a paper or notepad file and check it each time you ID a rare.

From experience, I noticed that when I had about 30 pages full, I'd have enough to craft two-three stacks of Alchemy Orbs, two maybe three Chaos orbs and about as many Regals (2-3). Unfortunately, if I remember right, Chris posted a thread detailing his reasoning behind a recent change to the Alchemy Orb recipe. I'm not sure what it is now, although someone may have discovered it by this point.

solomon

Jun 24, 2012
Crafting rares is much less useful unless you have the stash pages for it.

Mathematically, you'll get much more out of absent-minded hoarding with more spaces for your junk - at least, if that's your approach. You could just keep four or five pages (whatever the initial count is) and try to keep up with what you have stored on a paper or notepad file and check it each time you ID a rare.

From experience, I noticed that when I had about 30 pages full, I'd have enough to craft two-three stacks of Alchemy Orbs, two maybe three Chaos orbs and about as many Regals (2-3). Unfortunately, if I remember right, Chris posted a thread detailing his reasoning behind a recent change to the Alchemy Orb recipe. I'm not sure what it is now, although someone may have discovered it by this point.
2-3 STACKS of alchemy orbs? Holy shit. And what do you mean by 30 pages full? There aren't that many stash pages, unless you paid for them or something...

Kar0va

Jan 21, 2013
Southeast, US
2-3 STACKS of alchemy orbs? Holy shit. And what do you mean by 30 pages full? There aren't that many stash pages, unless you paid for them or something...

Yes, in closed beta I was/am a Gold supporter. I used about 750ish points to pick up stash pages early on, because I was bent on approximating the average space needed to maximizing hoarding rares and crafting. I had a lot of it worked out, but things have changed significantly since then.

I've also come across the new recipe for alchemy orb. There are or appear to be 2:

1). 3 rares with the same prefix
2). 1 normal, 1 magic, 1 rare of the same base type (i.e. 'recurve bow')

I think the best way to get orbs will be to set aside two stash pages for junk blues/whites with however many you'd like for your rares. Everytime a blue drops, if you don't already have at least two of the same base type, grab it and put it for storage.

This method wouldn't even require POE helper - a lot of the time you'll be able to go to the local vendor and grab the white or blue you need and just pick out one of your junk rares to craft an Alchemy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)