Fever Press: Fever Weekly Newsletter #407 (1 Viewer)

SunKenRock

Clan General
Aug 5, 2016
Kitchen
Clan Rank
Lt. General
Lt. General

Issue 407

Index:
(Click on any of them to be redirected)

Editorial

Announcements
Fever Events
Special Events and Tournaments
Fever Jobs
Inside Fever
Fever FNG
P.O.W.
Member Spotlight
Fever Flair
Behind the scenes
Game News
Miscellaneous
Gaming Beats
Funnies

Got a suggestion , idea or thought to add to the weekly . Or maybe something to take out ,or change . Any kind of feedback is always welcomed.

Also does anyone play any single player games , or rpgs ?

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!
- SunKenRock

Stuff with Fallout events for the month. Borderlands 3 starting up , along with a boat load of channels for the series in general . Expecially if you want to relive the older titles and are holding out for BL3 to be on steam.

Game Nights:

Events Schedule

Calendar

Please check the forum calendar and #events channel on Discord for up-to-date event times. Also see the suggestions thread for any requests and/or offers to host an event

If you would like to help ensure your game's game nights, events, etc. are listed and want to have the ability to post them on the calendar, or your game nights do not appear on this calendar over the next few days, please contact Aug and he will get them squared away.

To convert the times to your timezone, use the following tool: Time Zone Converter. Please check the Discord Events channel for reminders about events. Also with some game nights being made up for that day due to the people who are on.

Going along with the in-game event, we will be hosting Project: Clean Appalachia in the Fallout 76 Discord channel every Saturday through the event. Head on over to Fallout 76 | Our Future Begins for more information on the tasks and rewards. Join us in Fallout 76 Saturday at 6PM Eastern through October 19th! -OmegaDir-

Clan Jobs: In and out of gaming

Fever Clan Job Roster Master List

This link will take you to everything Fever and provides a table of contents to direct you to what you may seek. If you do not see anything for a game that you are looking for (or might be interested in starting a group in) contact:

Head - @Thundernut,
Deputies - @Gizmo256, @Violet,
@Axle (Recruitment), @Ghist (Game Nights)

Important Openings In Job Positions

In an effort to help support immediate needs by the different departments and companies, the following list has been generated. It will be updated on a monthly basis. Please reach out to the contact personnel for more information about the roles.

Clan Jobs Forum!

This is a forum dedicated to job adverts where companies and departments can post their available jobs, specify what it would entail, and if it is open to officers and/or enlisted. You are not required to use this forum, but it's here as a means to help you get personnel into your section. When that position is filled, please make a final post that the position was filled and then close your thread (or request to get it closed if you do not have permissions) to further responses.

Fallout 76 - Event - Project: Clean Appalachia

Final Fantasy 14 - Expert Delivery Tip, Crossworld Linkshell for AETHER DC

Toxks / BlackMumba / Runninginthe90s

3 more members added to the ranks

Last week's winner was Zykath - please congratulate him!

This week's nominees are:

Ama

Kephren

Aime

Follow link here - 09-16-2019

SunKenRock - What is the history of your Fever name. Do you use it everywhere, or just for this site?
Emmjayy - I've been EmmJayy for as long as I've been playing games, because my initials are M.J. and I've been called that all my life =] I use it (or some version of it) in everything I play...sometimes I just add "2112" to the name to pay homage to my favorite Rush album =]

SunKenRock - Do you have any other nicknames?
Emmjayy - My other nickname is "Big Daddy"...I mean...I've never gotten anyone to call me that, but I sure wish I could...

SunKenRock - Now that we have name, how were you able to find fever. Did you join or look around before hand?
Emmjayy - I found Fever because my roommate was in the clan, and he was nagging me to join. I wasn't really that keen on it at first...(I'm really bashful) but I met the people in the clan, and here I am a month later, with a brand new family, and I don't know what I'd do without 'em =]

SunKenRock - Are you liking your first month here at fever?
Emmjayy - It's been an emotional roller coaster that I wouldn't trade for anything.

SunKenRock - Do you have any moments you like to share that you had, maybe one from playing Final fantasy 14?
Emmjayy - Just one evening ago, my Fever family and I were doing a duty...the hardest one I've done in my short Fever career...and got wiped like 8 times in a row. We realized the word "quit" wasn't in our vocabulary. We determinedly waded back in, and were crushed again, so we decided to go ahead and look up the word "quit".... I'm sure we'll finish that duty sometime soon...

SunKenRock - Did you start playing Final fantasy 14 when you joined or was there another main game?
Emmjayy - Final Fantasy was the game I joined Fever to play, but I see myself tasting my way through the Fever smorgasbord until my gaming belly is miserably full and all I can squeeze into are bright yellow sweat-pants and a 5x tee with an bacon stain and a logo from the Portland Zoo. This will be the level of my gaming overindulgence...

SunKenRock - Besides what you currently play, anything you are looking forward to? Or just sticking to what's on your plate already?
Emmjayy - As stated above, I fully intend to embarrass myself with my over-gamificational attitudes.

SunKenRock - Not to go to far back, but with being around quite a few decades where did gaming start for you.
Emmjayy - You make me sound so old! heh heh heh...Seriously though...I remember fairly early in my life being drawn to games. I remember the first game my mom let us have was called "Pongdonius" and it was as FUN as it was SIMPLE... to my recollection, we would take an emptied and dried Mastodon bladder, and fill it with feathers, and then stand in two lines and take turns slowly rolling it diagonally across a field while making "Boop!!" noises... it was really a hoot during those long, humid Pre-cretaceous summers.

SunKenRock - Are there any old games you miss playing or have great nostalgia for?
Emmjayy - I really DO miss playing Pongdonius, but I've recently discovered rolling a hoop down the road with a stick, and I have to admit, it's frigging addicting.

SunKenRock - Not to go to much into gaming, do you have any hidden talents or hobbies (even if you aren't doing them atm)?
Emmjayy - I would say one of my only hidden talents/curses is my ability to take a simple, brief exercise and inflate it into an over-done hyper-dramatic spectacle. (although not necessarily doing that at the moment...)

SunKenRock - For a fun question, if you could have an all expense paid vacation for a week, where would you go?
Emmjayy - I would rent a giant, fancy Victorian house in Astoria Oregon, where I would be serenaded every night by the Sea-lions down on the pier, and awoken every morning by the keening of the gulls, and I would spend my week walking the shoreline finding treasure.(edited)

SunKenRock - Finally would you care to give a final word, thought or advice.
Emmjayy - Life is short...cram it so full of adventures that there is no room for regret.

Project Resistance is a team-based Resident Evil spin-off
The producer of the newly-announced Resident Evil spin-off, Project Resistance, has responded to fan criticism of the series' new direction.

Although acknowledging it is "totally valid that people want more of the quality core [Resident Evil] experience", producer Matt Walker insisted the franchise should "continue to branch out and try to offer up new gameplay in addition to refining the experiences people expect".

"Been seeing a lot of people who are not pleased with the idea that we're making Project Resistance," Walker said on Twitter (thanks, VGC). "It's totally valid that people want more of that quality core experience offered in RE2 and RE7. My take - we as a company need to continue to branch out and try to offer up new gameplay in addition to refining the experiences people expect from us. If we just continue to offer up the same thing over and over again, people will gradually lose interest with what we're making.

"Project Resistance offers up a really interesting way to do that," he added. "The most important part? That it's a great survival horror experience, if non-traditional. I think we confuse things when we make things related to IP that don't actually stay true to the core spirit of the IP, but this project happily doesn't fall into that trap.

"I can't wait till the closed beta to have more people actually play it and see how it is a refreshing new take, but very surely survival horror at its core," Walker continued. "People who have played it have been positive, and I hope during CBT even more people will have fun playing it.

"We're also earnestly trying to get feedback from people who have played it so we can actually make it better, which I feel is fairly rare from a publisher of our size. Based on that feedback, it could grow from a project to a fantastic game."

As Matt reported earlier this week, the first Project Resistance reveal came by way of a new cinematic teaser, showcasing a team of likely sorts roaming through a mysterious research facility - only to be ambushed by some familiar-looking creatures from the Resident Evil universe before a final cliffhanger confrontation with a hulking, and tastefully be-hatted, Tyrant.

Project Resistance is set to release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC at some currently unspecified future point.

Link: eurogamer

Discord Nitro Games to shut down next month due to lack of players

Discord will shut down its Nitro Games catalog next month, as there are not enough players taking advantage of the library of free games.

Discord Nitro is the platform’s monthly subscription, and the Nitro Games catalog was one of the perks of membership. The library was launched nearly a year ago with ambitions to challenge Steam, for which Discord secured $150 million in funding.

Nitro Games currently offers more than 100 titles, including Paladins, System Shock, Torchlight II, Super Meat Boy, and Psychonauts. The collection, however, was not good enough to attract a huge following among Discord Nitro subscribers.

“Through your valuable feedback, it became clear that while we and some of you love these games, the truth is the vast majority of Nitro subscribers didn’t play them,” said Discord in a blog post.

The contracts concerning Nitro Games are up for renewal, but Discord has decided that it will not proceed with the catalog, which will be shut down on October 15. Discord Nitro subscribers will have access to the games until that date. The change will only affect the free titles though, as purchased games will remain on the platform.

Discord confirmed that Discord Nitro subscribers who want to cancel their membership because of the pending discontinuation of Nitro Games will be able to request a refund.

The free games are just one aspect of Discord Nitro though, as it also provides users with new customization options, access to animated emojis and an expanded upload limit that was just doubled to 100MB. The subscription, which goes for $10 per month, also recently launched Go Live, which makes it easy to stream gameplay to friends. Discord also renewed its commitment to keeping the platform’s core feature free. In addition, because the app does not make money from advertisements, its only customers are the platform’s users, which means that the service will be further improved with the user experience in mind.

Link: digitaltrends

KFC is Publishing a Colonel Sanders Dating Sim for Reasons Unknown to Man

Well, here’s some news I wasn’t expecting to write when I woke up this morning.

For one reason or another, KFC, yes, that KFC, is getting into the video game business. The world-renown fast food chain is set to soon publish a new dating sim called I Love You, Colonel Sanders! which will have you pursuing the company’s spokesman/mascot to find love. I swear that all of this is the complete truth.

According to the game’s Steam page, here is the description of I Love You, Colonel Sanders!:

I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator follows you, a promising culinary student, as you try to date your classmate, Colonel Sanders. Throughout your journey, you’ll be faced with life-changing decisions that will affect your chances of friendship and love. But be careful! Your choices have real consequences with real animated characters’ feelings at stake.
In typical dating sim fashion, the art style of the game also reflects that of others in the genre, meaning it’s quite anime-inspired. Plus, Colonel Sanders looks pretty hot in this game. We typically run a “Best Husbando” poll here at DualShockers each year, and the Colonel might be an early front runner. I’d definitely be down to share a bucket of fried chicken with him sometime.

There’s still not a release date for I Love You, Colonel Sanders, but it’s slated to arrive on Steam at some point soon. In the meantime, you can check out the trailer down below.

I just pray that God can forgive us as a species for creating such a thing.

Link: dualshockers

Nioh 2 beta goes live in November

Earlier this week we found out the highly-anticipated sequel for Nioh – called Nioh 2 predictably enough! – was slated to release in early 2020. But if that seems just too long a wait right now, PlayStation made an announcement earlier today that might cheer you up: there's a free open beta coming in November, and it's thought the beta will be available to all, not just PS+ subscribers.

"Yokai hunters, ready to face the Dark Realm?" PlayStation teased on Twitter. "Play the Nioh 2 Open Beta starting November 1 to 10, available at PS Store."

That's not the only Nioh-flavoured news we have, either. Talking in a behind-closed-doors Tokyo Game Show presentation over the weekend, producer Fumihiko Yasuda reportedly said that while there will be new multiplayer modes for cooperative play, there won't be an easy setting. More interestingly still, the difficulty stacks, too, so the more pals you have to help you out, the harder the combat will be.

"The game is a so-called Masocore game, so we want the difficulty to be the same for everyone, even if you may be able to see people beat the bosses on YouTube and that sort of stuff," said Yasuda, according to Twinfinite.

"Yet we do have things to help out players, for example, the Benevolent Graves and three-player multiplayer, and we do think those will be a big helping hand for people to beat the game."

A new Nioh 2 video finally gave it an official release window earlier this week: you can look forward to the Souls-inspired action returning to PlayStation 4 in early 2020.

Missed the first one? There's plenty of time to catch up.

"But for all the ways Nioh falls short of the series it's so closely imitating, it's still rife with moments of personal glory, where you can almost feel your skills evolving in real time," we said in our original Nioh review from 2017. "After you've got to grips with the minutiae of the overly complex combat, you'll be busting out flashy combos worthy of a true samurai, and easily slaying enemies that used to make you cower in fear. Every time you read the words 'Freed from this mortal coil' - Nioh's version of 'You died' - it just makes it all the sweeter when you finally break through what formerly felt like a brick wall of difficulty. For those seeking to test their action RPG skills, Nioh is a worthwhile challenge just waiting to be overcome."

Link: gamesradar

Dauntless is leaving early access... again
Dauntless, Phoenix Labs' monster slaying co-op game, is leaving early access soon, apparently, despite doing the exact same thing in May. That was the official launch, but it won't hit 1.0 until later this month. Untangling the release state of a game is hard work these days.

The launch—for real this time—will be accompanied by a seasonal expansion, Aether Unbound, introducing a new weapon, Hunt Pass and a bounty system. You'll be able to put your new gear to good use senselessly slaughtering wonders of nature, including the new Dire Behemoth and Tempestborne Stormclaw.

Phoenix Labs' plans for Dauntless after 1.0 can also be browsed in the surprisingly flashy but slightly overdesigned roadmap.

I quite enjoyed my first few adventures in Dauntless, with its streamlined Monster Hunter formula and nearly instant battles. I thought I wanted to get straight to the good stuff, the fights, and at first that was definitely true, but I ended up starting to miss all the exploration, tracking and complexity of Capcom's romp and never went back.

Dauntless 1.0 launches on September 26.

Link: pcgamer

Thank you for reading and have a nice week!
-
The Fever Weekly Team

Reactions: angry333

toxks

Clan Member
Sep 12, 2019
US-Central
Steam
View
Clan Rank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Wii Sports Resort Basketball forever underrated.

GrimlockBlyth

Clan Member
Jan 1, 2018
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
Those memes...

CiokoF13ndra

Clan Member
Nov 23, 2015
Clan Rank
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major

Of the Army
:) ty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)